Rep point ?

By the time you have 5 squares EddieCoyle has 6, and you are 5/6's the man he is. Derek hacked the system so EddieCoyle automatically has 1 more than everyone else [smile]

Nah...I just believe alot of people in the forum just don't like cats

1 square = You are 1/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
2 squares = You are 2/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
3 squares = You are 3/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
4 squares = You are 4/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
5 squares = Plebs bow before you in laments of praise, men admire you and offer you the fruits of their hunts in the fields, women throw themselves at your feet, and all cats avoid you.

[smile]

I love being 2/5 the man EddieCoyle is!![smile]

- and I'm not telling what 2/5's that is.....[grin]

It's not a negative rep genius... The person who left it doesn't have rep yet.... That's why it's gray and not red. [thinking] You should work for CID. [rofl]

you mean this whole time I've been getting positive reps from people w/o rep?

My official appolgy letter:

1 / 9 / 2009

Dear NES,

I would like to take this time, to apologize to all those I've maimed in the past, with regards to giving me negative rep points. I realize that I am a dumb ass. I have falsely accused you, and possibly even offered free boxing lessons at a meeting area of your choice.

For that, I am sorry.

Thank you for all your support, together we can achieve more.

BEEF CAKE, BEEF CAKE.

[laugh]

It's not a negative rep genius... The person who left it doesn't have rep yet.... That's why it's gray and not red. [thinking] You should work for CID. [rofl]

Hey!!! I was with CID for 15 years. No problem, I understand jarheads only know NCIS, or maybe NIS. [wink][wink]

We had CID. Good guys, I wouldn't mind wearing a suit and tie around all day asking people questions. [grin]

My official appolgy letter:

1 / 9 / 2009

Dear NES,

I would like to take this time, to apologize to all those I've maimed in the past, with regards to giving me negative rep points. I realize that I am a dumb ass. I have falsely accused you, and possibly even offered free boxing lessons at a meeting area of your choice.

For that, I am sorry.

Thank you for all your support, together we can achieve more.

BEEF CAKE, BEEF CAKE.

[laugh]

Real men apologize with beer offers. (I am available on Saturday nights) :)

We had CID. Good guys, I wouldn't mind wearing a suit and tie around all day asking people questions. [grin]

Grin, there was a reason for that. No one was supposed to know your rank so there would be no rank intimidation. Credentials only showed your face and "Special Agent". I was a CWO but had members of my team that were E-5's...all with BS's, but could not yet make WO because there were no available slots in the TOE. If uniforms were the norm, I think you can imagine the intimidation present if an E-5, or even a WO were "interviewing" an O-5 or higher.

My particular team dealt with "white collar crimes" involving POL, food service, O clubs, EM clubs, and payroll. Needless to say, it was interesting.

As a side note, a particular interest to me was food service. It went up my ass a mile if I saw troops getting shortchanged on food, while the food service SGT was taking bulk for personal use. Not an easy thing to prove, took a lot of mind-numbing paperwork to trace everything. In the end...worth it. At least to me.

Grin, what just came to mind is a Security Survey we did on a well-known site. This site is a major testing area for Army innovation and R&D. My partner and I were looking at the "drug room". While he was checking the records, I went outside and checked the perimeter. Counted windows and determined which one was for that room. Pulled over some pallets that were in the yard and built them up so I could reach the window.

Found that the "outer grille/screen" was not held in by anything. No screws, no nails, no nothing. Came loose with a simple hand pull. The window was not secured and opened with a simple push. As my partner was going over the drug records with the Col., I stuck my head in the window and simply said, "Hi guys, great security here." Want to see a red face? [wink]

As I said.....it was interesting.[grin]

I also got a grey one, for my first post on this thread. How does a person not have a rep yet? Don't you start with 5 points and "____ knows which end the bullets come out"?

I also got a grey one, for my first post on this thread. How does a person not have a rep yet? Don't you start with 5 points and "____ knows which end the bullets come out"?

apparently not. i've moved my pointer over those "red" guys and it said "such & such" is an Airsoft Warrior [laugh]

someone teased me and said +3 when they had no rep so I have a gray bar, lol saying +3, liar whoever you are!

I just now learned about rep points. Had never even heard about them before. My question is: You guys actually give a shit about approval of others and the "points" they can give you, or, god forbid, take away? All seems kinda juvenile to me. Seems to be a lot of insecure posters out there worried about their approval rating. Just write your junk, have your say and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it. And if they do like it a medal isn't in order. Rep points - something for the kids.

I just now learned about rep points. Had never even heard about them before. My question is: You guys actually give a shit about approval of others and the "points" they can give you, or, god forbid, take away? All seems kinda juvenile to me. Seems to be a lot of insecure posters out there worried about their approval rating. Just write your junk, have your say and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it. And if they do like it a medal isn't in order. Rep points - something for the kids.

I thought the points went towards free stuff at the NES store......[laugh]

J/K

Uh, they're just rep points... no big deal. You guys who argue against rep points make me lol. Who cares? It's a fun system that doesn't need to be taken too seriously.

I know there was a thread saying how many points it takes to move up by level but damned if I can find it.

Feels like forever to get to 3 green squares but that could be due to the fact I know I can be a belligerent prick sometimes.[smile]

I know there was a thread saying how many points it takes to move up by level but damned if I can find it.

Feels like forever to get to 3 green squares but that could be due to the fact I know I can be a belligerent prick sometimes.[smile]

I was thinking the same thing about going from 1 - 2.

Back
Top Bottom