• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep point ?

I tried searching, but didn't find out exactly how this works.
I currently have received rep points from 3 people and now have 11 points.

When I left a positive rep for an others post, I left a "positive" and a message. There was no numeric scale, I assumed my comment equaled 1 rep point. So how did I arrive at 11 points from 3 people?

Thanks,
Matt

Each person could give a different number of rep points, look for the green boxes under the iTrader line for how many they give. I think the highest anyone gives right now is 4 or 5... (EddieCoyle)

When I left a positive rep for an others post, I left a "positive" and a message. There was no numeric scale, I assumed my comment equaled 1 rep point. So how did I arrive at 11 points from 3 people?

Thanks,
Matt

it only shows your most recent rep points...

Each person could give a different number of rep points, look for the green boxes under the iTrader line for how many they give. I think the highest anyone gives right now is 4 or 5... (EddieCoyle)

I see, so when I leave you rep feedback for answering this question you get +1?
Well it ain't much but +1 for you. [grin]

Thanks,
Matt

I just gave you 4 [smile]

I'm so close to having 3 bars *rep point snob*

If you have 2 bars, then get 3, does everyone who you gave a point to get another or are the points based on how many they had when you received the rep points?

I'm so close to having 3 bars *rep point snob*

If you have 2 bars, then get 3, does everyone who you gave a point to get another or are the points based on how many they had when you received the rep points?

I don't think so I had recieved a grey rep point and it never credited me later....But that was a while ago

NOW it makes sense...I think. I wondered why some people would say "+2 for you" in a post. So the greater your own reputation, the more rep you give in return, correct? And it's determined by the number of "green boxes" you have?

Or am I totally missing the way it works? [laugh]

NOW it makes sense...I think. I wondered why some people would say "+2 for you" in a post. So the greater your own reputation, the more rep you give in return, correct? And it's determined by the number of "green boxes" you have?

Thats the way I see it...and if you are real new or red, you can not give positive or negativerep...you can give a rep comment but it will not give the reciever a +1 or -1 credit

Last edited:

Possibly... if someone gave you rep points yeah, but sometimes people will say +1 or +1000 when they don't actually leave rep points.

Is there a scale of how many equals what?

1 square = You are 1/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
2 squares = You are 2/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
3 squares = You are 3/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
4 squares = You are 4/5 the man EddieCoyle is.
5 squares = Plebs bow before you in laments of praise, men admire you and offer you the fruits of their hunts in the fields, women throw themselves at your feet, and all cats avoid you.

[smile]

5 squares = Plebs bow before you in laments of praise, men admire you and offer you the fruits of their hunts in the fields, women throw themselves at your feet, and all cats avoid you.

[smile]

Now it makes PERFECT sense. [laugh]

[smile]

+5 for that.

It's a racket I tell you!!!! The "in" crowd give themselves rep points to make everyone else feel inferior and less cool. I've been a crappy 71 point Hunter forever. I'm being repressed. I'm calling discrimination. Rep Points = Fail [laugh]

The again, it could be that I'm an ass! [wink][smile]

[smile]

By the time you have 5 squares EddieCoyle has 6, and you are 5/6's the man he is. Derek hacked the system so EddieCoyle automatically has 1 more than everyone else [smile]

Back
Top Bottom