1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Rep. Carol Shea-Porter says

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by copterdoctor, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TomH

TomH

Two questions: when is she up next for re-election, and is there a recall provision in NH? [sad2]

We have some serious work to do.

2. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

What somebody ought to tell her is that after she sends all the male reps home and the women vote in nationalized health care - all the men in this country are going to go home from work and let the women pay for it all.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  3. AKman

AKman

Be careful what you wish for! [shocked] I do know what you mean and I don't think??you're serious. Your point is the stupidity has to continue to make folks wake up. I say they have woken up and the message must continue to get out. Don't worry his narcissistic personality disorder won't allow him to stop. He was put in office merely as a puppet to deliver the progressive agenda. This was and is the one chance they have to act and they will continue to push hard! The progressives will continue to pressure O man to pass health care, cap and trade, along with immigration reform, all of which are hot button issues. Obama's problem and your's as you suggested is the middle ground Dems are waking up and may not follow the same path.

4. MarkM

MarkM

Like all members of the House of Representatives she is up for election every two years. Voters in New Hampshire will have the chance to kick her ass to the curb this November.

Her opponent is likely to be former Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta (http://www.teamguinta.com/). There are links on his web site to donate and/or volunteer to help his campaign.

5. JuergenG

JuergenG NES Member

Listening to her (?) an old Frank Zappa song comes to mind....Bobby Brown.
    "Womens liberation came creeping all across the nation"

6. cb1

cb1

Is she a Rep or a Donald Trump impersonator?

Imagine the outrage if a guy said "send all the women home". double standards. gotta love 'em [rolleyes]

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Moderator NES Member

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
    the problem with passing this abomination is that when things get passed, they don't get unpassed.

8. pdm

pdm NES Member

That's why you use sweet, sweet cleansing fire to the entirety of the US Code. [wink]

9. SecondAmdFirst

SecondAmdFirst

If this thing gets passed, this whole country is royally screwed. It's sad that most Americans do not realize this bill will destroy our country. Economic experts are saying that China and many other debts holders will take serious action if we don't show that we are paying down our debt in the next 5 years. Our currency will be worth very little, more jobs will be lost, goods and services will skyrocket, and then you will see society become unglued. We are the country right now that is "two paychecks away from being homeless".

10. AKman

AKman

I don't know much about Frank Guinta. Time to read up. Looks like former AG Kelly Ayotte has the lead for Judd greg's seat. http://www.zimbio.com/Kelly+Ayotte It doesn't look like P.Hode has a gop challenger yet.

11. BigWarden

BigWarden

Carol,
    Under no circumstances should you assume you represent me.
    NH residents are proud and independent. You aren't.
    Trust me. You'll never get my vote.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  12. MarkM

MarkM

Hodes is quitting his house seat and running for the Senate seat against Ayotte, opinion polls have Hodes 6-9% behind Ayotte.

Jennifer Horn is running again for the district 2 house seat, former congressman Charlie Bass will probably run, and Bob Guida is running as well - Bob Guida looks to be an interesting candidate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_%22Bob%22_J._Giuda

http://www.bobgiuda.com/2nd-amendment-rights

13. Tim L

Tim L NES Member

Wait a minute !Is that David Bowie?

14. jpoulette

jpoulette

Absolutely disgusting. A total disgrace to New Hampshire.

15. Brin747

Brin747 NES Member

I've met Bob Giuda, he is the real deal and a good guy with a good belief system. I plan to do everything I can to support him.