• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewing LTC in a "Black" town

I got my LTC-A in a green town and I may be moving to a "black" (canton - "Cities in Bold Black are almost Impossible or impossible to Obtain a "Class A" usually issue a "Class B" or "FID") Town. Has anyone experienced this? Do they generally renew it as the same? do they make you jump through hoops? they bump you down to a B?

thanks.

If the town would renew a LTC-A/restrictions:none intact (still unrestricted) without making it dang near impossible, the town would be red or maybe deep crimson, but not black. I've never heard of black towns B-ramming people who already have LTC-As.

The other issue to watch for in black towns is that some will use items that are not statutory disqualifiers, and which green or red towns let slide, as indicators of a lack of suitability.

Your best bet is to not move to that town if possible. You should at the very least talk to the licensing officer and ask for their opinion. You may get some info on it. But you can bet your ALP, if you have one, is gone. If they do try to B ram you and you have anything that requires an A, call a lawyer immediately.

I got my LTC-A in a green town and I may be moving to a "black" (canton - "Cities in Bold Black are almost Impossible or impossible to Obtain a "Class A" usually issue a "Class B" or "FID") Town. Has anyone experienced this? Do they generally renew it as the same? do they make you jump through hoops? they bump you down to a B?

thanks.

I would go with may be not. In fact I would go with definitely not.
At least not until you find out that you can keep your LTC A.

When my wife accepted her current position I told her that I would not even consider moving to a non green town. She thinks I'm a little nuts but she gets it. I would hate to made a criminal or have a right taken away by geography (more than being in MA already does of course).

thanks.
I'd call up the PD and talk to the licensing officer. I've only dealt with 3 PD's but the word "renewal" usually makes them a lot more cooperative. A change in Chief can make a difference overnight.

I've renewed twice in Boston and while the policies are elaborate, I've found the majority of officers dealt with to be very cooperative and helpful. Even found a C&R collector there! There are lots of rank and file officers who do not support the restrictive policies.

My experiance

I have a Class A without restrictions issued by a green town and moved to Canton in 2005, When I had to renew in 2007 they issued me a Class A without restrictions. Hope this helps.

I'd call up the PD and talk to the licensing officer. I've only dealt with 3 PD's but the word "renewal" usually makes them a lot more cooperative. A change in Chief can make a difference overnight.

Most of the time only yellows or light reds will maintain on a move-in renewal.

Watertown, Boston, Brookline, etc, typically will downgrade on renewal (add restrictions).

A "black" town is a whole other ball game. These are towns which refuse to issue to anyone, the only exception being LTCs requested for employment, etc. I would not expect a place like Canton to even renew anything without a fight. A lawyer or using political connections (if you have them in the town) will almost certainly be required. Boston is "cuddly" compared to these places. [laugh]

-Mike

I have a Class A without restrictions issued by a green town and moved to Canton in 2005, When I had to renew in 2007 they issued me a Class A without restrictions. Hope this helps.

That's peculiar... most I know have had more trouble than that. Maybe they are simply against new applicants.... who knows.

-Mike

inheriting a house in canton

So move it to another town.
house-moving-2.jpg

so my LTC-A expires in 3/2011, would I be able to turn in a renewal for it now in my current green town? or if I moved to the black town, when renewall time comes around would it work if I temporarily "moved" to my Fathers house in a green town, applied, get approved then move back to black-town? (this is just hypothetical, would this violate any laws?)

so my LTC-A expires in 3/2011, would I be able to turn in a renewal for it now in my current green town? or if I moved to the black town, when renewall time comes around would it work if I temporarily "moved" to my Fathers house in a green town, applied, get approved then move back to black-town? (this is just hypothetical, would this violate any laws?)

Pretty much no on both counts. The second is really questionable legally. Something about lying on official docs kinda problem. [wink] You may want to get in touch with a lawyer. They can sometimes help.

Back
Top Bottom