• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewed my RI permit through new AG office in Cranston ...

RI AG just opened up a brand new and beautiful office on July 23, 2018 in Cranston. That's where they are processing the permits.

Couple of things:

1) Plenty of parking. Which was an issue in Providence.

2) Walk in, bring permit approval/renewal notice, $40 check/MO, and previous permit.

3) You must surrender your old RI permit.

4) You'll be asked to wait for a few minutes.

5) You'll be asked come into the office by the waiting room. They'll take a digital photograph, a right thumb scan, and a digital signature. They'll ask you so sign a form that reminds you to never photocopy the RI permit (unless asked or required by another LE/permitting agency) and your assent to notify BCI of any changes in personal situation (name, address, etc) immediately.

6) Permit is issued 60 seconds later. New format - it's actually credit card sized vs. laminated paper used in the old permits.

I think I spent all of 10 minutes in the new building, some of it breaking in the shiny bathroom after a 2+ hour drive. :D Employees looked really happy to be in such a brand-spanking new building.

Back
Top Bottom