• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewal

Gts

I have a couple questions about my renewal, my LTC expires in June so I wanted to get started on it now. I have no restrictions class a. I know for a renewal you gotta fill it out as basically a new application. Do you still need letters or recommendations, character references, trainig certificates and such? Also, if i wanted to apply for the "License to Posses a Machine Gun" could I just check that off as well or only check off LTC and file that separately as a new applicant? Thanks..

What town are you in? My renewal took 5 minutes and i didnt need any of the stuff you listed, they should still have your training certificate on file from your original application.

I renewed first Monday in December. Partially my fault for waiting too long.

Went by this past Monday to the PD to see how things were progressing. The "wonderful woman" behind the glass was AGHAST that I was there. "It takes at least 10 weeks. They should have told you!"

"Uhhh, no. They said 6 weeks. It's 6 weeks today. My wife got hers back in the Summer in 4."

"Oh no. It's 10. You've got another month."

Ass! My lic. expired last week. I asked the cop about it. "Well, you actually MIGHT have it before your old one expires. If not, it'll be right after."

I wonder what bug got up her butt. If it's 10 weeks, I'm going to check in with GOAL. Outside of this woman, they tend to be pretty helpful so I'm reasonably sure they aren't dragging their feet at the PD.

Full set of electronic prints this time. Interesting experience. Just like getting regular printed, but no ink all over my hands. :)

A renewal is like a new application except you don't need a new safety cert. Unless you live in Watertown or some other place that adds extra-legal requirements.

You need two references by statute (it's on the form) but nothing else... unless your town adds more extra-legal requirements.

So, "it depends".

The MC license is a complete separate card. You need to file the application (and renewals) separately. It also depends on your town, so it's recommended that you check with your chief before filing the application or risk having to answer "yes" for the rest of your life when asked "have you ever been denied a license?"

A renewal is like a new application except you don't need a new safety cert.
well, depends what city/town your in. my city uses the info on file from prior years if nothing has changed. and still no new paperwork if something has. the woman makes the changes on line from whats on file. new photo and your gone. but your city may do something different.

well, depends what city/town your in. my city uses the info on file from prior years if nothing has changed. and still no new paperwork if something has. the woman makes the changes on line from whats on file. new photo and your gone. but your city may do something different.

Yea, you're right. I forgot that you don't need to get fingerprinted again, either.

I forgot that you don't need to get fingerprinted again, either.
I applied for my green card last renewal, I brought in a new application form, figured i'd need one. she didn't even look at it. told me they had all the info including prints on file already and she'd take care of the "new" application electronically. said I could take the paper app home or we could shred it there.

I applied for my green card last renewal, I brought in a new application form, figured i'd need one. she didn't even look at it. told me they had all the info including prints on file already and she'd take care of the "new" application electronically. said I could take the paper app home or we could shred it there.

That raises another question: Other than the photo, why don't licences last forever?

The prints were the only hiccup i had, somehow they were lost between renewals and i had to do another set.

Back
Top Bottom