renewal

Expiration: 4/3/19

Called for appt: 1/5/19
Appt scheduled: 2/21/19 (renewal paperwork done)
Called DCJIS: 6/13/19 (was told: "a couple, three weeks" (6/27-7/3/19)
90 Day grace period from 4/3 ends 7/3/19

What a bunch of turds.

Town of Sandwich did give me a 'grace period' letter to their credit.
Wrong, with the MIRCS receipt (and only with this specific "receipt") you have an infinite grace period and can legally do anything your expired LTC allowed you to do. It says as much at the bottom of that sheet of paper (do a reduction copy and carry it with you). Just don't expect any big box store to honor that and a good number of real FFLs are too dumb to honor it also.

Not local PD fault but State.
We hear about the delays, and the PD always says it's the state's fault, and there are some that will defend this. But whenever there is a delay and someone actually calls the state, it turns out it's the local PD that is actually causing the delay.

If you still don't believe it's the local PD consider this, why are some towns/cities consistently fast and others consistently slow.? They all feed into the same state system so they would all be subject to the same dely IF it was the state.

Renew a firearms license

Mine expired in the middle of May. I renewed in March and it came last week. The link above is what I found that shows where they are as far as processing. Not sure how accurate it is as I found the site after I got my license. The officer who did my renewal did say its taking over 8 weeks so just keep my receipt showing I renewed before my old one expired.

Licensing Officer gave me a letter stating I had applied today. He said renewals are taking around 90 days. Not local PD fault but State.
So if the FRB is "Currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between April 12th and April 22nd", that means they're printing a batch of 10 days worth of submissions, with a backlog of about two months.

Whatever that means.

So if the FRB is "Currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between April 12th and April 22nd", that means they're printing a batch of 10 days worth of submissions, with a backlog of about two months.

Whatever that means.
This is just what I was told by both the state and the town back in 2015.
There is a step in between the state approval and the printing. After the state review and approval, it goes back to the town/city (electronically) for their OK (this is the step where you can be denied as unsuitable), then the state prints it and send it out to the town/city.
So there is a possibility of a town/city delay within the review/printing timeline.

So I get a call from my Leo saying be accidentally hit “revoke” on my renewal application and to stop carrying immediately until he gets it squared away. THIS IS TERYFING TO ME. after everything I have been threw to get this licence I feel like I could be in for another expensive long delay again !! Wtf

anyone renew their ltc lately, how long did it take?
I expire in may, and the pd gave me an appointment in april

thx
garyz
I hope it's your license and not you to expire! It's town police department which determines the time delay and as far as state the is a phone number you can use to track the status. In my case it took about 3 month.

Applied by mail 7/14, check cashed 8/14. LTC expired at the end of September. Called the PD they have no earthly idea what's going on.

My PD is cool..my answer to "Reason for requesting" was "Because the second amendment says I can own guns" they didn't question it.

Probably just state BS.

So I get a call from my Leo saying be accidentally hit “revoke” on my renewal application and to stop carrying immediately until he gets it squared away. THIS IS TERYFING TO ME. after everything I have been threw to get this licence I feel like I could be in for another expensive long delay again !! Wtf

Equally terrifying to think that God-Given, Constitutionally-Protected rights can be erased with the click of a button . . .

My town was doing renewals by mail and giving instructions to submit it only within 60 days of expiration. I sent mine in at the end of August and the check still hasn’t been cashed. I sent in my out of state renewal for Connecticut and it came back weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom