• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

renewal

Although many reps need an intervention, i am not sure we can legally force them to stay without us being arrested for holding them against their will...
I've had an anti-gun state rep intervene with a chief about licensing issues (charged more than allowed by law). The chief changed his ways.

NO-ONE should keep the "old one". It is good until it expires and both that and the MIRCS receipt allow you to legally carry (if unrestricted) and buy/sell. Without your "old" LTC, you have none of those rights!

That's a case where I would first talk with the chief, if no luck, I'd call my state rep/sen for intervention.

I kept my "old" LTC the entire time. I was not going to give it up and was never asked to do so.

I've had an anti-gun state rep intervene with a chief about licensing issues (charged more than allowed by law). The chief changed his ways.
I try to provide comic relief and you smack me down with a mind blowing statement like that. That is seriously incredible, i think Carmine Gentile would tell me that only LEO should have permits and have a nice day.

August? Shit you should've already started the process!
I agree. My last renewal I dropped off 5 months early and it took almost a full 5 months before I received it.

You guys are killing me. I need to go to the police station for that and stand beside the fingerprint machine, that leads to "hey while i'm here, can you print out some FD-258s for me?" Next thing i know, i am filling out some NFA tax applications. Meanwhile the wife is telling me to stop spending money. Wish the silencer worked on her.

On the question "have you ever held a fire arms license in any other sate, territory or jurisdiction" the if "Yes", when where and license number.
that could be a long list for us older folks, and what happens if you have no idea what the license number was so long a go.
typical legal in my line of work for records is last 7 years??
only active ones?

On the question "have you ever held a fire arms license in any other sate, territory or jurisdiction" the if "Yes", when where and license number.
that could be a long list for us older folks, and what happens if you have no idea what the license number was so long a go.
only active ones?

This. I listed licenses, from multiple states, back to the 80's. I believe she said they only look into the current ones.

I kept my "old" LTC the entire time. I was not going to give it up and was never asked to do so.

What I posted (your quote) could be mis-read. Thanks. I went back and modified it appropriately for what I was trying to say.

I try to provide comic relief and you smack me down with a mind blowing statement like that. That is seriously incredible, i think Carmine Gentile would tell me that only LEO should have permits and have a nice day.

You'd be surprised. It seems that when a constituent complains and asks for help, their personal beliefs are left on the side of the road and they intercede.

only active ones?

This is a question that pisses me off. I spoke with Michaela about it and her answer was ANY/ALL even if expired. So we either have to keep them forever or a list. It is a PITA. Didn't ask how far back they check that info. I will admit that all they will get is the last one issued by that state, not a list of all my FL and NH license numbers and dates.

Damn all these long waits.

I was up in June. Called in March and he set the appt up for the following week.

Told me it would be about 10 weeks and that if it’s passed the date to use the receipt if I got stopped.

I had it in hand 3weeks later.

Mine expired in late July 2018....I renewed in mid May in a "green town". Still haven't gotten the new card yet. Fortunately, I have the receipt from the issuing officer showing that I renewed well before my expiration date. When I inquired, I was told that the MA State Police background check was completed July 13th. It's still unsettling.

My son got the call yesterday, his LTC was in.

June 18th to Aug 8th, what, 50 days? Pretty good. I asked about mine, submitted 20 minutes later. It was not here yet.

Oh, "Restrictions: None."

Applied for renewal June 14, hand delivered to my home today, August 11th.

Started renewal late February, just got it last week. 5 months. Firearms officer blames state for delay. I blame both state and local for this problem. In GREEN Northshore town. WTF !

Last edited:
Any progress on LTC renewal? I'm expiring in Nov, same town. I'll drop off app this week.

I'd get it in ASAP. See Keith Nichols.

My renewal....After 7 weeks, I went back to the PD, because a call to the state said it had not (yet) been sent to them. Fearing it was lost, I went to the PD.
Apparently it had sat on their LT's desk 'awaiting approval' for the whole 7 weeks. The renewal was not entered into MIRCS before my expiration date. I was not given a receipt from the town when I dropped the renewal (I was told I 'wouldn't need it'), so I am LTC-less right now.[frown]

Since it's now 10+ weeks, I am calling Monday to see if the state even has it yet before I follow up with the locals.

Color me unhappy. Not even sure I'm getting a renewal at this point. [hmmm]

My renewal....After 7 weeks, I went back to the PD, because a call to the state said it had not (yet) been sent to them. Fearing it was lost, I went to the PD.
Apparently it had sat on their LT's desk 'awaiting approval' for the whole 7 weeks. The renewal was not entered into MIRCS before my expiration date. I was not given a receipt from the town when I dropped the renewal (I was told I 'wouldn't need it'), so I am LTC-less right now.[frown]

Since it's now 10+ weeks, I am calling Monday to see if the state even has it yet before I follow up with the locals.

Good grief! That's why it is so important to get that MIRCS receipt within 7 days (MGL if Mailed application, immediately if dropped off but not realistic) as that is your guarantee that at least they started the process for you.

Thanks Jay! I'm surprised that Keith is still doing the licensing since he made Detective. I won't leave without a receipt. Good luck to you, I hope you get things straightened out.

Very Green Town, which usually takes less than 5 weeks. Renewal application in March 15th, 2 months before expiration. Got reciept, etc.

Right after I applied, the secretary I applied with quit and they got a new one who wasn't trained. Shit show ensued and it took me almost 3 months to get LTC in hand, sometime in early July nearly a month and a half past expiration.

Back
Top Bottom