Renewal time line

In early September I made an appointment to submit my application for my 2nd renewal. The appointment was ~4 weeks later. Renewal LTC was received this week. Odd thing is that the Issue Date is listed as November 3rd. I'm not sure where it was for 4 weeks after issue.

Quoted myself from another thread

Renewal in Seekonk

10/13/22 - RCVD renewal letter from DCJIS
10/14/22 - Per town website, completed Firearms License Application and mailed w/ $100 check, awaiting call for appointment
10/20/22 - Rcvd call from Police and scheduled an interview for November 7th @ 1:30pm
11/3/22 - Rcvd call from Sgt and he had to cancel my 11/7/22 appointment... moved it to this date. Completed interview, picture and got a receipt. Was told the wait can be up to 8wks
11/25/22 - Rcvd my LTC

So a little update on this
Expiration date came & went without hearing anything
I called the Firearms License Application Status Hotline a few minutes ago, the town finally approved it & forwarded it to the state.
Ok, I asked how long does that take? Oh about a month
🤬 So hopefully I'll get before New Years
Surprisingly my new LTC came in the mail today
Date of issue was the 11/29
They mailed it on 12/6
Glad I got it though

Called the state today and they said it was approved so now to wait and see how long it takes to get here

Totally spaced on my expiration date (turns out next month) and only noticed because my drivers license was expiring and thought 'I should check my LTC'. Called the station yesterday and they sighed when I told them the expiration date and told me to come in next week (gave me a few days to choose). They've always been very good, but we'll see how long the state takes. :D

Totally spaced on my expiration date (turns out next month) and only noticed because my drivers license was expiring and thought 'I should check my LTC'. Called the station yesterday and they sighed when I told them the expiration date and told me to come in next week (gave me a few days to choose). They've always been very good, but we'll see how long the state takes. :D
My town didn’t even want to see me it was very easy. It’s just been 3 months and I’m a couple days past expiration now

Back
Top Bottom