Renewal in Boston from a green town to keep Non restriction REASONS?

Hello guys,

If The question may already asked, Please forgive me.

I have a non restriction License from a green town for more than 15 years. Now moved to Boston for couple years. Time to renew in Boston. However there is a question in the application that to explain what reason if I check Non restriction. I don't have any business that related to money. How to write down the reasons? How to keep non restriction in Boston when renewal? Thanks

probably will not matter what reasons you will choose in Boston.
reasons that usually considered to be worthy should not include protection from people - if you do not own a business and need to xfer significant sums of cash. you can post same hiking, outdoors, etc. reasons but boston city will not let you have guns.

probably will not matter what reasons you will choose in Boston.
reasons that usually considered to be worthy should not include protection from people - if you do not own a business and need to xfer significant sums of cash. you can post same hiking, outdoors, etc. reasons but boston city will not let you have guns.
what you meant Boston city will not let you have guns??? I can't renew in Boston even downgrade to target and hunting?

PUT NOTHING AT ALL.

I was in your shoes. Figured there was no need to supply a reason to maintain (not obtain) an unrestricted license - who would ask to be downgraded? I wrote nothing and my unrestricted license was renewed by the city with zero problems. In fact, I even discussed it with the licensing officer when they called me to verify a detail. Boston will no longer downgrade on renewal without a reason.

Also, no more moon island test. No more pictures to take (they use DL photo). Just pay the fee online, submit the renewal, and continue to enjoy your unrestricted class A in the city.

PUT NOTHING AT ALL.

I was in your shoes. Figured there was no need to supply a reason to maintain (not obtain) an unrestricted license - who would ask to be downgraded? I wrote nothing and my unrestricted license was renewed by the city with zero problems. In fact, I even discussed it with the licensing officer when they called me to verify a detail. Boston will no longer downgrade on renewal without a reason.

Also, no more moon island test. No more pictures take (they use DL photo). Just pay the fee online, submit the renewal, and continue to enjoy your unrestricted class A in the city.
100% this. As bad as Boston can be, they don't tend to restrict licenses on folks who move in with them already unrestricted.

Thanks for not trying to fill people's head with garbage.

100% this. As bad as Boston can be, they don't tend to restrict licenses on folks who move in with them already unrestricted.

Thanks for not trying to fill people's head with garbage.
i had a co-worker who moved into a condo in boston and was refused upon renewal, just refused - not just issued a restricted, 3 months ago. so, good luck. i guess it may be karma, who knows.

i had a co-worker who moved into a condo in boston and was refused upon renewal, just refused - not just issued a restricted, 3 months ago. so, good luck. i guess it may be karma, who knows.
I hope your coworker is in touch with Comm2A

In fact, would they be willing to share a redacted copy of their denial letter? Because that seems like big news if the city is suddenly denying people out of hand...

I hope your coworker is in touch with Comm2A
dunno, i am not in touch with him much. he had a messy divorce, so, i think now maybe there is something else there i do not need to know, who knows. restraining orders or whatever else. not my business.

what you meant Boston city will not let you have guns??? I can't renew in Boston even downgrade to target and hunting?
Don't listen to the fear-mongerers who aren't familiar with this topic.

Chances are Boston won't downgrade your unrestricted LTC but it's not guaranteed. Back when I lived there I put ALP (all lawful purposes) on my app and that's it.

dunno, i am not in touch with him much. he had a messy divorce, so, i think now maybe there is something else there i do not need to know, who knows. restraining orders or whatever else. not my business.
Please refrain from painting with a broad brush based on an anecdotal story that you aren't even familiar with. I had guns in Boston, even had an unrestricted LTC and carried daily at work in the financial district.

Still nothing. It's 2 months and 1 day. Anyone about got this around 2m times. Can you say it to make me feel better waiting? :)

Boston doesn't downgrade move ins on renewal. A bunch of shit towns don't do that anymore, Brookline? Springfield? might be the only ones left that kneecap on renewal. Watertown used to do it too, not sure anymore.

Just be acutely aware if your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/spouse if you have one, moves along with you and doesn't have an LTC, they're going to get screwed if they get a license in the city. So if you're moving with someone else, I would strongly advise them to get their shit done yesterday so they don't end up with LTC AIDS later.

So, in other words, you don't know if he has accrued a disqualifying offense/condition on his record which would get him bounced in any of the 351 cities and towns in MA? [rofl] not really useful information. [rofl]

and what kind of a lawful purpose you`ve got a 1000 unarmed people around you haven`t?

it is a literal quote i`ve heard from a cop.
Shit head cop.

If they were all jumping off a bridge should I follow?

I carry a gun to protect ME!! I'm not doing it to play being a cop.

I carry a gun to protect ME!! I'm not doing it to play being a cop.
there is a good theory about it - a lev gumilev theory of ethnogenesis.
"He argued that every ethnic group passes through the same stages of birth, development, climax, inertia, convolution, and memorial. It is during the "acmatic" phases, when the national passionarity reaches its maximum heat, that the great conquests are made".

there is always certain degree of passionarity in any society, like now, but, the majority are in the deep inertia, and they do not want anything, and ready to be slaughtered without any resistance. a whole 'karen' thing, so to say, where any gun is a potential danger first. and all government goons are just happy to agree.

there is a good theory about it - a lev gumilev theory of ethnogenesis.
"He argued that every ethnic group passes through the same stages of birth, development, climax, inertia, convolution, and memorial. It is during the "acmatic" phases, when the national passionarity reaches its maximum heat, that the great conquests are made".

there is always certain degree of passionarity in any society, like now, but, the majority are in the deep inertia, and they do not want anything, and ready to be slaughtered without any resistance. a whole 'karen' thing, so to say, where any gun is a potential danger first. and all government goons are just happy to agree.
So I can go get my insulation knife and walk around at will? It's a real insulation knife with a serrated edge that does not fold. Now what??
What if I hang a dry wall hatchet off the other side of my waist and say I'm on break?

So I can go get my insulation knife and walk around at will? It's a real insulation knife with a serrated edge that does not fold. Now what??
What if I hang a dry wall hatchet off the other side of my waist and say I'm on break?
as can be seen from other thread - probably can, all up to the next undercover fbi agent who may shoot you dead, just as a general precaution. :)

Back
Top Bottom