Renew procedure for Class A LTC in Boston?

J

JellyFish

My license is due to expire in the next few months and I wanted to see what the procedure is for renewing with the Boston police department. Can I just bring my $100 down and get the renewal from them or do I have go through all the bullshit I went through again just to get the license in the first place?

Thanks if you know anything about it.

Welcome to the forum.

The renewal process is identical to the original issue process for everyone. Only MGL exception is that the full set of fingerprints aren't supposed to be needed for renewals.

HOWEVER, Boston has NEVER followed the law and done only what the law requires, or done it the same way. Thus, you will need to contact their Licensing Dept many months in advance to find out what they want, get their customized forms (I'd be shocked if they used the state issued forms), arrange for your test at Moon Island, etc.

Do a Search (link at top) of the Gun Laws forum for more info on the process.

Okay, thanks very much. I've already contacted my friend who lives in New Hampshire for information about areas to move to up there. I've pretty much had it with this state and I'm not going to bother going through the crap I went through before to get my license renewed. It expires in July so I have plenty of time to rent an apartment up in NH.

If anybody has good recommendations on where to find apartments in NH and areas to move to, please let me know. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Screw the People's Republic. I've had it.

Good idea! Move to NH! No permits to buy anything, no registration, and to add the cherry on top no AWB!

Back
Top Bottom