• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remsport Officers build

Just started a new Officers build. The slide, frame and barrel are from Remsport. I have to say that their parts seem to be of high quality, please do not turn this thread into a forged not forged or who's better thread!

Now if I didn't hack this thing with a rotary tool I wouldn't be having fun!! So this frame comes with a colt style high cut on the front strap and that just won't do so.......

And after I fix the high cut I plan on some hand cut 20 lpi!!!

EDD87F9B.jpg

60DD4E35.jpg

And here I have started to hack at my new frame!!!:hrm:

662E88ED.jpg

So I started the 20 lpi cut... It will take some clan up after I'm done but that's when I finish the high cut. Is it me... but right after I start a hand checkering job I ask myself .. Why the hell am I doing this!!!???

It will look great when done but dang its no fun doing it!!!

5BD4BD81.jpg

Last edited:
[cerberus];2498002 said:
What do you use to make the cuts, a dremel? It is amazing how strait the cuts are if it is just a hand held dremel.

It's more likely he used a 20 lpi checkering file.

Sorry.... Bill is right .. 20 lpi file started with a checkering guide. Then a 60 needle file to clean the points after its cut to depth. Then clean up the high cut under the trigger guard. Like I said... A lot of work but worth it I the end.... If it shoots!!! Haha

Not much further along but I started the cleanup and have to finish sharpening the points but I figured another in process photo was due. I removed the top row of diamonds as the were in the beginning of the slant and did not look right. Still a ways to go but...

DD8368C6.jpg

Looking great so far! I'll be watching this thread closely.

I did my own Remsport build earlier this year. I cheated and got one of the overrun checkered front strap gov't frames.

Ok .. A few more pics. I got tired of working on the grip so I fit the barrel. The slide was reamed for a reverse recoil assembly but not cut short so the end does not come flush and unless I hand cut .085" out will cause loss of slide movement.

This is deff not plug and play!!! A lot of hand work left but will keep updating with pics.

39F445E0.jpg

8B342B20.jpg

Ok ... In the first pic u will see where the reverse plug does not fit in the slide far enough. Now I don't have access to a mill so I.... Hold on.... Used a hacksaw blade to make a very thin cut then cleaned it with files. Yea huge pucker factor.

Second pic is how it looks now..... Not to bad for a hand job! Hahaha

D356BD7B.jpg

E9754D4D.jpg

Got a few more things fitted but still have a ways to go!! Plus I have to blend everything after I get them fitted. Then test shoot for about250 rnds to let it settle before blending the back.

Someone asked what I planned on for a finish. I plan on the Melonite finish which is the same as above.

87931961.jpg

A9860A50.jpg

9518802F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom