1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Removing The Massachusetts State Flag

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Darksideblues42, May 15, 2019.

1. EMTDAD

EMTDAD

So the "woke" Boston Glob writer Yvonne Abraham is supposedly more knowledgeable than the professional flag scholars.... got it..

2. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Of course. Just like how a certain barmaid from the Bronx is a renown climate expert.

3. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

Does all the local aid and EBT/medicaod/welfare represented from said state flag also offend them?

How about the money being sent over by the brinks truck to Harvard/MIT, etc for 'research'?

How about cutting off every effing cent of various .gov inflows of cash to them, and see how long they stay 'offended'

10thSFFD likes this.
  4. Snora

Snora

About as logical as politicians being more knowledgable on the environment than scientists. Wild times we live in.

EMTDAD likes this.
  5. daekken

daekken NES Member

I really wish we would change our flag in NH. Seal flags are super lame.
    Some proposed ones like these are way better:
    upload_2019-5-15_9-17-49.png

BBQ.Uncle and EMTDAD like this.
  6. John4166

John4166 NES Member

I like the man of the mountain except for the circular stars, looks too much like the EU flag.

daekken and johnnymac101 like this.
  7. johnnymac101

johnnymac101 NES Member

Now c'mon, how dare you assume the rock's gender? That's just sexist!

ISOTOX likes this.
  8. fishgutzy

fishgutzy

"By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty."
    That is what they find offensive. Leftists hate even the concept of liberty. Nope. But they do believe in their version of "peace by sword." But they follow that with submission by sword (or gun now). That is why the left only wants criminals and the gov't to have guns. They are well aware that when that happens, the line between law and outlaw disappears.

Jason Flare likes this.
  9. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

If I was heavily involved in politics and in Cambridge, I totally would. I would propose the most absurd things but try to present them in a way that makes sense. Only to see how much I can get away with or just to troll them.

This is a great opportunity to troll the state, people need to step up.

I personally want a brown flag. Maybe add a small rainbow on the center and on the top left some lines with the following colors: white, ligh blue, blue, red, white, green, and yellow. Those colors represent all the colors of the flags of Latin America.

In one flag you are rperesenting:
    1. Every Latam minority.
    2. Every American minority (read "black person")
    3. Gays / diversity

Change the state motto to: Sanctuary For All.

If anyone knows how to propose this and wants to do it, I will help you. I'm an immigrant so that guarantees someone will look at it.

ISOTOX, mibro and Jason Flare like this.
  10. daekken

daekken NES Member

That's a good point.
    Some other cool proposed ones (I prefer any flag that has a mountain on it):
    upload_2019-5-15_9-45-52.png upload_2019-5-15_9-46-6.png upload_2019-5-15_9-46-32.png
    upload_2019-5-15_9-46-45.png

11. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

This thread made me think of this, it was sent to me a while ago by a Thomson Reuters employee:

ccSIN.jpg

12. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

Wow. Maybe I should change the location on my profile. In striving to be ultra-PC, they actually went full retard and back to ignorant. The Algonquian Native American on the flag is literally displaying what the Latin ribbon says: "By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty." He is arrow-down, signifying peace, but the sword is still present if necessary, signifying that we'd gladly sacrifice our right arm for this peace and liberty. If anything, it is an honorary position to be on this flag. Any other interpretation is categorically wrong.

I'm not surprised though. This is the same administration that spends funds on a city hall techno party that shuts down Mass Ave near my house from 6pm - 10pm every summer.

13. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

Oh for f***'s sake. Of course my rep is right up near the top of that list. This f***in guy. [banghead]

So, I'm not opposed to the kid having gone a few rounds with the steps in the station, and maybe a brick wall or two, but he did deserve to have his Miranda rights read to him. He was apprehended by police, inside the US. Not the military as an enemy combatant. Giant piece of shit, definitely a murderer, proven beyond all reasonable doubt in court. Still has rights as a citizen. Same was true of Timothy McVeigh and the Uni-bomber. Massachusetts' overreaction notwithstanding. It's important that we understand that every citizen deserves these protections. Not respecting these rights is how we end up with secret FISA courts and shit.

That said, Cambridge is a f***ing twilight zone of its own making.

TrackDayRdr and EMTDAD like this.
  14. Hetzer

Hetzer NES Member

I wonder how many of those Cantabridgian shit for brains know that the name Massachusetts is derived from the indigenous population. My estimate is hovering slightly above zero.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    EMTDAD likes this.
  15. EMTDAD

EMTDAD

Mine too.. Rebecca Rausch.. what a f***ing moonbat.. I follow her on Twitter and counter practically every tweet she makes.. She's going to be sick of me by the time her term is up.

10thSFFD and amm5061 like this.
  16. strangenh

strangenh NES Member

Really like the liberty tree on the 9 bars. That's slick, with the swallow-tail/blank-V possibly representing a mountain being icing on the cake.

daekken likes this.
  17. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

The flag over n.h works fine for me,

Every time I cross over the state border going north ,my blood pressure drops 5 points.

gasaman and BBQ.Uncle like this.
  18. EC1

EC1 NES Member

here's the true liberal Mass flag:

[​IMG]

ISOTOX likes this.
  19. Win

Win NES Member

We've been using that seal since at least 1787.

[​IMG]

20. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

So offensive. Why is it a DUDE (assuming he identifies as such) on their and not a chippy?? I'm offended.

Notice even Mr. Native American guy is wearing shoes. SHOES! So offensive to Barefooters Anonymous led by Cody Lundin.

I feel so oppressed by this clearly purposeful offensive flag that was created hundreds of years before my bat-poop-crazy ass got here.

21. RIFLEMAN1000

RIFLEMAN1000

Isn't that the FRENCH Flag ?

22. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Give the town back to the Massachusett. All of it. Make Cambridge one big leasehold with the Massachusett as the leaseholders/landlords.

As uncreative as the NH state flag is, NH's flag suffices and the state seal represents the colony's contribution to the War of Independence. There's a few arguments against using the Old Man:

1) The Old Man no longer exists and we're getting to the point where entire generations will not have seen it. The Old Man fell in 2003 and the post-2000 generation will 99.9% have no memory of seeing it. The Old Man would become as moot in 200, 300 years as the state seal seems today. NH needs a new symbol or just needs to stick to its guns.

2) The memorials to the Old Man are... small... Unless the state's going to pony up the money to carve a new one, which would offend the strongest Old Man-fans because it's supposed to be God's acknowledgement of mankind, then the state should leave it be.

3) You would be burying one forgotten memory in exchange for another. NH doesn't have any big memorial or symbol from the Revolution besides John Stark's quote. There is no big minuteman statue in NH. There's a memorial to the Battle of Bennington in VT. There's a monument to the NH KIA from Bunker Hill in Mass. The state really lacks a symbol from the Revolution except for the state seal.

4) The Old Man didn't have much significance in 1775, 1776 when NH participated in the initial phases of independence. The first recorded mention of the Old Man per Wikipedia is from 1805, although people did settle and live north of Franconia Notch before the war. The Old Man's initial celebrity stems from the era of Daniel Webster and Nathaniel Hawthorne.

23. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I'd agree with you, but the Pawtucket Red Sox' mascot is Paws. A polar bear. In Pawtucket.

There used to be polar bears at RW Zoo. So they absconded with those guys as mascots. Paws and Sox.

The last polar bear was removed from RW in 05.

The PawSox are going to Worcester. Dubbed the WorcSox. . . .nope. ChesterSox. Nope. The WOOO Sox?? Oh yeah. That's a great name.

I'm pretty sure, at least to start, they're keeping the polar bears as mascots. Because Sticky the giant Needle would be a bad replacement but it's what Worcester has to offer. Or Bloaty, the stupid politician that approved a guaranteed financial loser like taking on the PawSox. Bloaty and Sticky. Together again!

I've been a season ticket holder to Pawtucket for almost a decade. I still wonder why they didn't change the mascot. I get it now. (Larry the Squid Lucchino won't spring to change it when he's planning on shipping the team out of town.) But stupid not to have done it a decade ago.

24. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

I don't know if it's still there, but on Rt 116 a bit south of the glider port was this plaque:

Franconia116Plaque.jpg

25. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

They would complain that the flag symbolizes white oppression

26. Brucewillis4316

Brucewillis4316 NES Member

27. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Yes, people lived up north before 1775. I was at Bunker Hill yesterday and at the Training Field in Charlestown, there's at least one NH KIA with a home listed as "Coos." Some towns, like Lancaster, were founded before the war. But the question is how did they come up from the south (Pinkham Notch, through Conway area, Franconia), and how many of them saw the Old Man and recorded seeing it. The area probably would've been more wooded and enclosed than today. Most of NH's mountains were clear cut in the 1800s, when Webster and Hawthorne were writing.

Edit: not to mention, military expeditions like Rogers Rangers would travel from southern NH/Mass to QC. But how many of them saw the Old Man and recorded it?

28. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I've brought this up before, we should just kick them out. If the Cambridge d-bags find being in thus state so offensive, then we should solve the problem by just saying " OK a-holes you should like this .......YOU'RE OUT."

The rest of the state takes a vote, and Cambridge gets its ass kicked out. See if any other state wants them. Better yet, they declare themselves a foreign country and then we get to claim they attacked us and start bombing them.

29. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

LOL

"Symbolizes oppression over the people who got here first"

Guess what (((Yvonne Abraham))) , my family has been here since before the revolution , and I'm just fine with the Massachusetts flag the way it is. Maybe YOU should leave and stop oppressing the people who got here first.

30. rudiewhitebwoy

rudiewhitebwoy NES Life Member NES Member