Removing restrictions on Class A

LTCRN

NES Member
I need some suggestions/statements/phrases on how to convince the local NEW police chief to remove the hunting and target restrictions on my Class A and have it read NO RESTRICTIONS like everyone else I know. The old chief retired last year and I want to get this done ASAP. Of course everyone else I know who has no restrictions - "KNEW SOMEONE" in their town and received what the Constitution says they have a right to receive. I have no close contacts in the PD where I live and want to do this right the first time. It was very difficult to get what I have and I had to go through a very difficult dispatcher/interrogator to get an A with restrictions. Any suggestions or free legal help would be greatly appreciated.- Thanks

There is a sticky thread here on how to apply that should include some good info on what to say/what to write.

If you are in Quincy, the letter is perfunctory and the contents seem not to matter a whole lot. Seems that the new chief just wants something to put in your folder as justification for the change.

Also each chief is going to be different on what they want/expect to change a LTC, so w/o knowing where you are it is very difficult to help you with specifics. That's also why the three lawyers keep getting recommended, they each have had dealings with numerous chiefs and know "what floats their boat" to help a client. Since they all have to pay bills, they don't work for free.

You may also wish to seek out the assistance of a firearms attorney (such as Cross-X on this board) who may also be able to help you out and increase the chances of getting restrictions lifted. Since you sound like you desperately want ALP, I would think its worth the expense for some professional help.

Along the same lines, when I applied for my LTC-A, I only said I needed it for target and hunting (which was true). Since then, I have gotten my New Hampshire LTC, and I often go camping in NH. It is a lot of trouble to drive to NH, unlock the pistol, load the pistol and holster the pistol. It would make much more sense if the restrictions would be removed so I can travel to NH without interruption.

Do you think it would be difficult to convince the police to make this change? I've had my LTC about 1 year.

I should have phrased things differently about looking for free legal service - Sorry attorneys- everyone deserves to be paid for their time and educational achievements. My posting was written late at night, like this one, after coming home from working and sometimes the brain becomes exhausted. I recall somewhere on this site that there was a posting that contained certain phrases that can be used to make a valid point about the reasons why I should be issued a LTC A without restriction. I initially used the statements/phrases that I received from my basic class and those that are listed on GOAL's website and was told by the screening dispatcher that I needed to be more specific- which I complied with because I didn't know any better. I believe that this process gives THEM more leverage to deny or restrict. With the economy the way it is, a little extra protection for myself and family can go a long way towards peace of mind. As I stated earlier, there is an interm chief (former lieutenant) in command since December and it will be one year with a restricted license in August so I am in the planning phase to see what I can do. Does anybody recall the postings?? If so, please reply

Back
Top Bottom