Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Maine's only criteria for a resident permit are that you are breathing and have thirty-five bucks.

The "breathing" part was added on the insistence of Mr. King, Maine's most famous living resident. When asked to explain he said "Just buy a copy of Salem's Lot, I need the royalties"

I want to know if my circumstances would make it any easier to get a New York, DC, Maryland, New Jersey, and Illinois(Chicago) resident and/or nonresident permit. Have you or anyone you know been successful in acquiring one? I am happy to reach out to the issuing jurisdictions and report back, in hopes of getting the ball rolling for the rest of you to get one.

I have been in a self-defense case before, where I was brutally attacked by a gang for the reason of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This event left many people in the hospital, including myself. Some of these gangbangers have been released from prison early due to jail overcrowding laws and recently killed a handful of people close to where I lived at the time. I have reason to fear for my life, fear for my safety, and reason to fear for their retaliation of my testifying in court.

For every state I have ever been licensed in, each issuing jurisdiction has been very understanding with my circumstance. I provide them with photos and court documents and they put me at the front of the line to get a CCW, no appointments and minimal processing time.
Your "special" circumstances should not mean diddly squat in the issuing of any fire arm license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom