• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remove spray paint but not duracoat

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
Long story short #Comrade Mustache
Tossed a can of spray paint and it exploded and got on my 1911.
I dura coated the frame and the slide is black oxide . Grips are magpul polymer .

We where shooting in the woods and I got most of it off with booze and hand wipes but some I wasn't able to get off.

Any ideas what I can use to get the rest off and not mess up the black oxide and the dura coat . If I can't save the dura coat it's not that big of a deal.

Long story short #Comrade Mustache
I dura coated the frame and the slide is black oxide . Grips are magpul polymer .

We where shooting in the woods and I got most of it off with booze and hand wipes but some I wasn't able to get off.

Any ideas what I can use to get the rest off and not mess up the black oxide and the dura coat . If I can't save the dura coat it's not that big of a deal.

Try some WD40 by itself or on some 0000 steel wool. if the surface wasnt prepped the paint probably doesn't have that good of a bite

Spray paint comes right off with acetone, will that damage duracoat?

So I got a few rep comments ....

Long story we where out in western mass camping in some family land shooting a steel target he made .

One of the hanging cables broke and he tossed the spray paint at me out of anger , hitting the safety . Can exploded .

db6511cf331a7d27bb8c1c93e5763ea1.jpg

That was after a half bottle of Bacardi and hand wipes.

I just did the wd40 and brass brush got 99% off .

Last edited:
Lol he thought I destroyed his hanging plate rack . It was more of a friendly wtf toss . If you weren't a pussy you would of had a blast that week end .

That's bizarre.

And yeah, sue me. Next time.

At least you had a chick with you, not just stuck with your right hand all weekend.

Spray paint comes right off with acetone, will that damage duracoat?

That's what I'd do. If it took off some of the duracoat I'd say **** it and just do that over.

Character marks.

I've been toying with the idea of doing this to clean my suppressor baffles, not sure if it meets your needs or not:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom