Remote Starters - Cost? Advice?

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm in the Worcester general area and looking to give a remote starter as a gift to a family member. Nothing fancy required- simply being able to remotely start in the winter will do. What's the typical cost for a simple unit and install? Any advice? Thanks NES brain trust!

Rincon

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed the plug-n-play kit from Accessorides in my 4Runner. Took about an hour...works perfectly. About $300 for the basic unit, which operates using the Toyota key fob. Other options including longer distance operation and phone app integration are available for more money.

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
If it is something with an immobilizer (Audi, Range Rover, etc) there are only certain installers that will tackle it, and you will lose a key fob that they will have to hide in the vehicle so it senses the chip to start it.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is the car? Some vehicles, like newer GMs for instance, it's a simple computer flash, and new key fobs from the dealership.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
had one in a truck once, i did not like it. I would tend to leave the windshield wipers on from the night before. During the night they would freeze solid to the window. then i would start the car, come out five minutes later, and find the wiper motor smokin' (in those days there was a fusable wire that you needed to replace, not sure what cars have nowadays).

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
had one in a truck once, i did not like it. I would tend to leave the windshield wipers on from the night before. During the night they would freeze solid to the window. then i would start the car, come out five minutes later, and find the wiper motor smokin' (in those days there was a fusable wire that you needed to replace, not sure what cars have nowadays).
On my Fusion, you can grab the wipers and move em all over the place with the car off. Then they reset when its started, so that problem wont happen. My wifes 2013 Sorento will struggle to the death if the wipers are frozen

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend Mega-Watt in Marlboro. He did all the Chryslers and Jeeps when I worked for the local dealership there and he did the one in my 2014 Mazda3. He gave me 3 or 4 options from the most basic all the way up to app enabled and GPS enabled starters.

Top Bottom