• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington releases post on FB about the gun laws

mikeyp

NES Member
Remington Arms releases Facebook statement on gun laws - Utica, NY - The Observer-Dispatch, Utica, New York

To our Remington fans,
We believe the NY SAFE Act is unconstitutional and was passed in a questionable fashion.
Remington and its employees worked diligently with pro-gun legislators to prevent the Act's passage. We actively participated in the Albany rallies and drove the letter-writing campaign to stop this anti-gun legislation.
The recently awarded Department of Defense (Special Operations Command) contract, questioned by some as a "pay-off," has been in development for years -- it has nothing to do with NY State.
While we are unhappy with the misguided acts of our elected politicians, Remington will not run or abandon its loyal and hard working 1,300 employees without considerable thought and deliberation. Laws can be overturned and politicians voted out of office, but the decisions we make today will affect our people, their families and entire communities for generations.
Please bear with us as we determine the most appropriate way to satisfy our customers and protect our employees.

That is an, Oh, Please, Please don't be mad at us.

Well if they didn't open thier yap about bailing out of the state if this law was passed, I don't think many would be upset. Run a bluff and get called, be ready to pay.

Savage offers out of the box better rifles, at lower prices with more consistent quality..
And there are millions of Rem rifles and shotguns to be had second hand.

Companies really need to think hard about pissing off their core customer base..
I doubt that many gun co's out there could survive on 100% police and mil business..

They can't!! Look at what happen to S & W when they rolled over and played politics, they almost went under.

And some just need to Pee on the electric fence themselves to realize that..

And with Remington, probably more than any other maker (aside from maybe S&W revolvers) has had essentially the same product line for well over 50 years, Between the 700, 870, 1100 etc.. There is just not a hell of a lot of difference between a new one and one made 20yrs ago. Parts are plentiful and cheap. If Rem went belly up today, there would be no lack of available Rifles and shotguns and parts for probably 20yrs..

I only have one remington. Looks like I'll be able to say that again in 30 years.

I have none but I also will give that same answer in the next 30 yrs. If they are not part of the solution, they are part of the problem. They need the S&W treatment to wake them up. I won't buy a thing from them.

I WAS looking at a Remington 1911 enhanced, but I guess I'll look for another Ruger instead.

ill buy a ruger American instead of a Remington 700, Remington it's going to hurt youre bottom line maybe not this year or next because of the backlog you have but when the craziness dies down gun owners will remember we are loyal and have long memories

The idea being that the 1,300 employees can't move with the company? I'd think many of the employees might be moving to places like Texas without Remington anyway.

Back
Top Bottom