• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington recalling Model 700s and Model 7s with X-Mark Pros

Just checked mine. Looks like she is going for a ride. ****. I probably won't see her again for a year. [rolleyes] Maybe I'll just buy a new trigger...

Thanks for posting. +1

Damn. looks like the want to make up for it... I just entered my SN in to the SN checker found here... http://xmprecall.remington.com/#thanks and this is what it spit out...

Your rifle is subject to the recall. Remington will send you pre-paid shipping tags, boxes and written instructions. Remington will cover all related shipping, inspection, and specialty cleaning charges. Please do not return your rifle to Remington before receiving the shipping tags, as the shipping tags will be marked to expedite delivery of your rifle to the specific Remington facility dedicated to this recall program.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We know we disappointed you and this doesn’t make up for that; but we’d like to offer you a 40% discount to ShopRemingtonCountry.com and/or Remington1816.com. Use code..<snip>..

Last edited:
Didn't they vehemently deny this and threaten to sue a couple years ago when CBS or whoever did an expose on this very same issue?

I just checked and my 700P is part of the recall. not looking forward to shipping it out. might just buy a trigger. the thing shoots so nice . I don't know If I trust shipping it. the thing does not have one mark on it. what is the chance it will return the same. plus the time and ammo to re-site after removing the scope etc.

I don't know if this is the same issue but apparently Remington 700s have had accidental discharge/ trigger issues for DECADES:

Just google: remington 700 accidental shooting

Maybe its all FUD, I've never owned one.

Different issue. Different trigger. Remington got rid of the walker trigger about 15 years ago.

By the way, this thread is a dup. It made the reounds about 2 weeks ago. Regardless, its good to see that some people who missed the other thread are seeing this.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked and my 700P is part of the recall. not looking forward to shipping it out. might just buy a trigger. the thing shoots so nice . I don't know If I trust shipping it. the thing does not have one mark on it. what is the chance it will return the same. plus the time and ammo to re-site after removing the scope etc.

$120 gets you a timney trigger.

just called and asked what the turn around time would be. they don't know but guess somewhere around 8 weeks or so. they said to much bonding agent was used and they want to make sure and clean the trigger. I am all set.

Any one know the timeframe on this? I may just buy a new trigger if this is insanely long.

Well after filing out their form online and being told that my rifle was part of the recall on 4-12. I just got the email saying the box to ship my rifle to them has just been shipped to me it should be here by the 6th. So it took them nearly 2 months just to send me an empty box. [rolleyes]

I used to swear by Remington, lately they have just been shitting the bed. Looks like savage is getting my business in the future.

My new Rem. 700 LTR .308 has the 40X "ribbed trigger", but what's weird is when i enter the Serial #. It says POSITIVE for the Recall.
Anyone else experience this?

Well after filing out their form online and being told that my rifle was part of the recall on 4-12. I just got the email saying the box to ship my rifle to them has just been shipped to me it should be here by the 6th. So it took them nearly 2 months just to send me an empty box. [rolleyes]

I used to swear by Remington, lately they have just been shitting the bed. Looks like savage is getting my business in the future.
2 months just for the Return Box?!![crying]
I read post of people saying a year to get back and i thought it was a joke. But i don't know now.[sad2]

2 months just for the Return Box?!![crying]
I read post of people saying a year to get back and i thought it was a joke. But i don't know now.[sad2]

Ya it's crazy. Take a look at the bolt release on your rifle. Look for a little dimple on the flat surface that looks like it was made by a punch. If there is one there then they fixed it before it left the factory and somehow your serial is still in the database. If there is no punch mark then it hasn't been "fixed" yet. They are putting the punch mark on the bolt releases of all the rifles after doing the repair.

Ya it's crazy. Take a look at the bolt release on your rifle. Look for a little dimple on the flat surface that looks like it was made by a punch. If there is one there then they fixed it before it left the factory and somehow your serial is still in the database. If there is no punch mark then it hasn't been "fixed" yet. They are putting the punch mark on the bolt releases of all the rifles after doing the repair.

No dimple on the Bolt Release.[crying]
Did you hear this from Remington?

Last edited:
No dimple on the Bolt Release.[crying]
Did you hear this from Remington?

Yes. If you look up the recall there is a message from them talking about how they went back and started fixing the problem on the ones still in inventory and putting the mark on them. They specifically said to look for it as proof one way or the other as to whether or not the recall has been preformed.

Yes. If you look up the recall there is a message from them talking about how they went back and started fixing the problem on the ones still in inventory and putting the mark on them. They specifically said to look for it as proof one way or the other as to whether or not the recall has been preformed.

Thanks. Now debating on if I want to send it in.

Called Remington to figure it out since I have the 40X/ribbed trigger on my LTR. But Serial # said I was affected.
She checked it and said I was NOT affected by the recall. Even gave me the DOB of my LTR.
She said the Serial # checker online isn't always right and just says "positive" if your rifle was made between 2006?-2014.
I also asked about the "dimple on Bolt Release" confirmation. She said it's NOT on the BR but in front of the trigger.
According to her, they are given pics of it and it's even hard for them to see it.
But basically hold your rifle upside down and shine a light in front of the trigger to check for dimple if you have a 40X trigger.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

I also asked about the "dimple on Bolt Release" confirmation. She said it's NOT on the BR but in front of the trigger.
According to her, they are given pics of it and it's even hard for them to see it.
But basically hold your rifle upside down and shine a light in front of the trigger to check for dimple if you have a 40X trigger.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gear...ton-model-700-and-model-7-rifles/?repeat=w3tc

Remington says as of April 9th, 2014 they’ve begun performing corrective action on rifles that have yet to be shipped. You can tell if you’re looking at a properly built trigger and rifle by the presence of a punch mark (above) on the bolt release. Rifles that are returned to customers will also have the punch mark that confirms the rifle has been inspected and cleaned.

punched.jpg

They must just put it on the trigger w/ the 40x trigger specifically. Glad to hear your rifle doesn't have to go for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom