• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington R51

If it wasn't a 7+1 piece from a company that just balked at moving jobs from a state that just put a 7rd restriction on magazines.

You do realize the irony of the fact that you live and work in MA and give tax money to anti-gun MA, right?

Besides, this pistol is made in South Carolina.

- - - Updated - - -

If Remington puts it on the roster figure about a year out from that time, The configuration does not look promising for CMR940 bullshit, though. (it looks striker fired, and even with the grip safety that doesn't bode well for compliance, unless Remington ****s up the trigger by putting a heavy spring in it or something.) Frankly if you want one you're better off not caring about whether or not its compliant, and keeping your nose to the ground and looking for one. They will be here, whether Marsha likes it or not.

It has a hammer. It also has a loaded-chamber indicator. All it would need is a second hidden serial number and a 12 lb trigger.

Or the S&W 3913 market. Which is what a lot of folks over at the Smith and Wesson forum seem to think. The 3913 is still popular on the used market. Try to find one under about $500.00 in MA these days. One of my carry pieces is a 3913TSW and I love it. Still, if the R51 is released in MA I'll take a serious look at that as well.

I think Remington is targeting more than one market with the firearm. A lot of people don't like polymer frame firearms.

It won't. It'll make Ruger look pretty stupid though. If this gun turns out well enough Ruger will never sell another LC9.... this is quite obviously the target market for this gun. It won't supplant the Shield because there will be a lot of M&P fanboi types who will still be buying that, no matter what. This Remington offering is pointed directly at the LC9 buyer. [laugh]

I like this, and it is priced at a point where i can buy it for fun. I really want an S&W e1911sc but that is >$1000, so i feel (and by I, I mean my wife) I need a little more justification for that purchase.

You do realize the irony of the fact that you live and work in MA and give tax money to anti-gun MA, right?

Besides, this pistol is made in South Carolina.
Yep, I know. I'm also unable to morally to break the contracts I've got here. There's a plan in place for moving.
Yup

Sounds like the R51 didn't make it to Media Day. Not sure if that's a bad sign...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/hands-remington-r51/

Take the source for what it's worth...

Aloha

This isn't encouraging, either...

"The wheels start to come off the bus when you pull the trigger. The gun has a very long and heavy trigger, but the break is actually pretty crisp. The issue is that there’s no real tactile reset — no click to tell you when the trigger is ready to fire again"

Fail. Nice try Remington. Guess this one is going to be in the toilet for awhile before its anything viable.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a dupe? I know there has been discussion about the R51, but I have not seen this video posted.

Also, it is at Shot Show now, so the media day thing really doesn't concern me. Maybe the delivery truck was late!

This isn't encouraging, either...

"The wheels start to come off the bus when you pull the trigger. The gun has a very long and heavy trigger, but the break is actually pretty crisp. The issue is that there’s no real tactile reset — no click to tell you when the trigger is ready to fire again"

Fail. Nice try Remington. Guess this one is going to be in the toilet for awhile before its anything viable.

Given it is a single action with no exposed hammer, that makes me wonder if the guy didn't pull the trigger on it while it wasn't cocked or something. He was, after all at a show, not a range and other reports trying on a range said different...

TFB said, "The trigger is really very good and has the same feel as a 1911. [...] Trigger reset is short making follow-up shots fast." and they tried the gun on a range.

Really makes you wonder. I doubt Remington would put a polished gun on the range but put a nasty one on display at the biggest event of the year. Ya never know tho... By many reports, Sig managed to put a grotty trigger into their pocket 9 SAO.

Given it is a single action with no exposed hammer, that makes me wonder if the guy didn't pull the trigger on it while it wasn't cocked or something. He was, after all at a show, not a range and other reports trying on a range said different...

TFB said, "The trigger is really very good and has the same feel as a 1911. [...] Trigger reset is short making follow-up shots fast." and they tried the gun on a range.

Really makes you wonder. I doubt Remington would put a polished gun on the range but put a nasty one on display at the biggest event of the year. Ya never know tho...

Point taken.

It is kind of telling that they don't have one for Media Day, though. My guess is there's a showstopper in there someplace.

-Mike

Point taken.

It is kind of telling that they don't have one for Media Day, though. My guess is there's a showstopper in there someplace.

Yeah... like QA/QC, I agree. Will wait for more range reports. By comparison, Beretta's Nano ran as-advertised from day 1 but it's a long-pull striker gun.

Really makes you wonder. I doubt Remington would put a polished gun on the range but put a nasty one on display at the biggest event of the year. Ya never know tho... By many reports, Sig managed to put a grotty trigger into their pocket 9 SAO.

I have a pocket 9 SAO (P938).

They put a "grotty trigger" into it because someone at some meeting said "safety!" and it was decided to make a free state gun have a horrible trigger.

The above might be complete BS but it is probably pretty close to the truth. Sig seems like a "military and police" company who saw that they need to sell to "untrained" civilians in order to actually make money.

Heard from a friend today who is at shot show. Said he has not one good thing to say about the pistol. "clunky, rough, and the trigger/grip safety combo was terrible"

Sorry. I should have said that there already was a thread (thanks for merging them).

If it's at the show great...the reports from Media day were not encouraging. A non-functioning display is great, but when the sample isn't available for testing, it leads to questions.

Aloha

Gun seems pretty good from what im watching. I'll still get one

[video=youtube_share;uEx0JuFWy90]http://youtu.be/uEx0JuFWy90[/video]

[video=youtube_share;FqveQwYih-Y]http://youtu.be/FqveQwYih-Y[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Heres some shooting

[video=youtube_share;dvU3HEcmUUQ]http://youtu.be/dvU3HEcmUUQ[/video]

Remington's video
[video=youtube_share;NgmCxuW3rgY]http://youtu.be/NgmCxuW3rgY[/video]

Last edited:
I'll take one.

I found the history fascinating; it said the original was a leading competitor to the 1911.

I would love to try this out sometime, when it comes out. I'd love a pocket gun. It looks pretty sweet!

Just got off the phone with one of my distributors. I have one on order for myself but he said when he was at shot show earlier this week remington told him they probably won't see them till June.

Queen Bee - which photos have you seen? Actual comparison photos or other ones? I'm curious. Comparison drawings seem to make it smaller.
aloha

>>I'd love a pocket gun<<

I'm not sure I'd call this a "pocket" gun.

Haha, I saw it was a subcompact and my thought about that was it is small enough to fit in my pocket. If it doesn't fit in my front pocket, it'll go in my back pocket, or ankle :)

>>I'd love a pocket gun<<

I'm not sure I'd call this a "pocket" gun.

It's no .22Mag NAA belt buckle pistol, P3AT, Rohrbaugh, Seecamp, or derringer, but it sure SEEMS pretty danged small to me.

Smaller than most any 9mm out there!

Back
Top Bottom