• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington R51

TBalls

NES Member
Hopefully this is not a dupe. With any luck Remington will go to the trouble of getting this listed as compliant so the poor souls in Crapachusetts don't have to pay crazy prices.

I'm very intrigued by this....

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/01/remington-announces-r-51-pistol/

R51-BeautyShot-660x621.jpg

Dead sexy.

Last edited:
There is a short video by gunblast on YouTube about it. Looks interesting, but I would like to see more details

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Interesting to see a Remington pistol marked "Charlotte, NC."

If it shoots as nice as my old 51's I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. The Youtube clip mentions it will be available in "other calibers" as well. At that price point, it's going to give some other pistols real competition.

Will it be for sale in MA? I hope so, but being such a good deal, I doubt it.

The more I look at it the more I really like the look. Best of all, they re-worked the design in a great caliber. I like .380 in a gun like the little LCP -- truly pocket sized. In a gun this size, 9mm is the way to go, but given the market these days I bet they roll out .380 as well (I would much prefer a .22lr version just for the fun of it).

Interesting to see a Remington pistol marked "Charlotte, NC."

If it shoots as nice as my old 51's I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. The Youtube clip mentions it will be available in "other calibers" as well. At that price point, it's going to give some other pistols real competition.

Will it be for sale in MA? I hope so, but being such a good deal, I doubt it.

They said it's coming out in 9mm first and then 38 or 380 later.

I don't have anything against the design of the pistol, but with any new design and new production comes reduction and QC issues...

When your dealing with most handgun manufactures there customer service and warranty depts are build to handle those issues and take care of the customer

All that being said, I have never seen a company less willing or less able to deal with warranty and customer service issues in a timely manner as Remington. There warranty claims dept is a black hole, where guns go in and never seem to return.

And I'm not sure why a grip safety makes sense....

I don't have anything against the design of the pistol, but with any new design and new production comes reduction and QC issues...

When your dealing with most handgun manufactures there customer service and warranty depts are build to handle those issues and take care of the customer

All that being said, I have never seen a company less willing or less able to deal with warranty and customer service issues in a timely manner as Remington. There warranty claims dept is a black hole, where guns go in and never seem to return.

And I'm not sure why a grip safety makes sense....

Wouldn't it be easier to deactivate the safety than a manual thumb safety? I know I know.......Glock has no external safety and ther are many handguns out there yada yada yada......but if a manufacturer wanted to have an external safety to sell to folks that prefer one.....why not a grip safety? Just asking........I carry revolvers so makes no difference to me.......anyone?

Back
Top Bottom