Remington Gun Club No. 8 "Case Head Separation"

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I put case head separation in quotes because this isn't normally something associated with shotguns and nothing ripped off from the hull, except for the metal piece that retains the primer in the shell and provides a rim.

Was shooting my new Benelli Supernova today and apparently the extractor ripped the metal piece off the fired hull, preventing extraction. The hull got stuck in the chamber and caused a failure to feed the new shell on the fore-stroke and feeding from the tube mag. The metal piece fell into the receiver and I picked it out once I realized the gun wouldn't feed the new shell.

Info on the box of shells:

R130
PKG. 61485-2
GC12L8
G58218320

203976B
2017-03

This has been reported on Shotgun World with Gun Clubs:

Shotgunworld.com • Brass separated from plastic

LgSPnra.jpg

Give a shout to Rem, they might care.
We had many cases of gun clubs with a rust spot on the heads. It was not like the case got wet but rather something reacted with the same spot on each head.
They sent a call tag out for shipping. Suck part is they did not refund the money but gave us a " credit" for more remington stuff.
These hulls are cheaply manufactured and im actually surprised heads dont come off more often. i reloaded gun club hulls when I shot ATA some have 10+ loadings .

I had the same thing happen with Winchester low brass #8 a while back with a Remington 11-48. But, turns out that particular shotgun was never meant to run on lower powered rounds like that.

I'm shipping the shells to Remington today. I don't expect anything in return, I mostly just want them to be aware of the issue. They provided me with a FedEx shipping label.

Back
Top Bottom