remington Golden Saber 9mm 124 gn length

I have 2 boxes of remington GS I got with a gun I purchased a while ago. i just opened them and found 6 rounds substantially shorter than the rest.
Most are in the 1.13 length range
The ones in question are 1.03 to 1.07

I have 2 questions.
1 If some has this same ammo could you measure 1
2 I have heard of setback from loading and unloading, could it make this much difference or did something else happen
here.

They all look factory, red glue on primers etc, some do look like they have been in a mag or possibly chambered.

Thanks

They could have been chambered a gazillion times, or in another box that got crushed or something?

-Mike

Would you shoot them?

Depends on how far they were smooshed down. 1.03 sounds really short. I routinely blasted off .40s which were visibly shorter than their new counterparts without much issue, and .40 is far more dangerous than 9mm is with setback due to the fact that the cartridge is on the edge to begin with. Then again if they were short enough that you immediately noticed the diffference the setback is probably significant. With the .40s I had, before I had a micrometer I more or less had to line them up on a flat surface and see by eye which ones were too short.

-Mike

Depends on how far they were smooshed down. 1.03 sounds really short. I routinely blasted off .40s which were visibly shorter than their new counterparts without much issue, and .40 is far more dangerous than 9mm is with setback due to the fact that the cartridge is on the edge to begin with. Then again if they were short enough that you immediately noticed the diffference the setback is probably significant. With the .40s I had, before I had a micrometer I more or less had to line them up on a flat surface and see by eye which ones were too short.

-Mike
They are .100 different, this was why I was concerned. They are visibly different even with my old eyes. I will probably just pull the apart and save the bullets

I used to say just shoot them, but after I watched my buddy almost lose a finger to a bullet like this, I'm a lot more concerned now. Better safe than sorry if it's just a few in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom