• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington Files for Bankrupcy

1 marlin 1979
2 remingtons 1981

would never part w them

2008 were the AMF ( harley days )for the company & product

That's a pretty standard Private Equity buyout story to be honest. The only slightly unusual part is detailed in the paragraph that begins "In April 2012, Cerberus did something fateful, which probably seemed smart at the time." As the author notes, this had a big consequence down the line and is probably the straw the broke the camel's back.

The rest of it: loading it with debt, taking out management fees, combining Remington with other firearm companies in the portfolio, laying off excess people is PE 101.

Aren't Indian Nations not subject to Federal laws? Or something like that. Could this be a way to forever indemnify Remington against any lawsuits from victims of murders committed with their product? Feel like there is something in here . . .

Aren't Indian Nations not subject to Federal laws? Or something like that. Could this be a way to forever indemnify Remington against any lawsuits from victims of murders committed with their product? Feel like there is something in here . . .

Probably not but the fun ball is if this goes through and they by Remington it will pretty much just said the stupid Sandy Hook lawsuit which frankly should have been dead a long time ago.....

Probably not but the fun ball is if this goes through and they by Remington it will pretty much just said the stupid Sandy Hook lawsuit which frankly should have been dead a long time ago.....

Federal and state civil law, like tort and consumer protection law, has limited applicability over tribes. That being said, a creative enough plaintiff's lawyer could probably figure out how to sue Remington, as a hypothetically Navajo-owned corporation, in state or Federal court. I could come up with a few hypos that explain the concept, but civil procedure is mind-numbing to lawyers and law students, let alone lay people, and I'm sure you guys don't want to endure law school test-like hypotheticals.

Doing Business in Indian Country: A Primer

Last edited by a moderator:
I could come up with a few hypos that explain the concept, but civil procedure is mind-numbing to lawyers and law students, let alone lay people, and I'm sure you guys don't want to endure law school test-like hypotheticals.
Thanks, but no thanks. We get enough of that here from the wannabe lawyers. And again, to you, congratulations on your recent JD! Good work!

Been using Militec for decades. Nice "dry" lube. Won't let leaves and debris stick to metal moving parts. I've even tried it in some of my barrels. It's been around forever and is/was used by the military.

Operators use frog lube.
6_5.jpg

Remington Firearms Remington Arms, which is the nation’s oldest gunmaker, was purchased by Roundhill, LLC, for $13 million. A new name taking over the famed firm instantly fueled speculation, most of it centered on a similarly named company that specializes in land development and real estate. The firms are not the same, according to a phone interview with Richmond Italia, one of the principals of the Roundhill, LLC that purchased Remington Arms. He only learned that Remington was for sale a few days before the gavel fell, when Remington’s CEO at the time—Ken D’Arcy—called him. “Richmond, please look at it,” Italia said D’Arcy pleaded as the deadline for bids neared. “Eight hundred people are going to be out of work.” Italia built G.I. SportZ into arguably paintball’s dominant company. He has a track record of revitalizing firms, a fact D’Arcy witnessed when he was CEO of Crosman, which handled most of the U.S. distribution of the recreational gear as orders exponentially increased. They’ve known each other for nearly 20 years. Assets Roundhill purchased include all firearm-manufacturing equipment (other than Marlin), patents and, of course, the famed Ilion, NY, plant and museum. Gun manufacturing cannot resume until approval of the new company’s FFL. That could be Jan. 1, likely earlier. The first gun off the line will be a Remington 870, according to Italia.
From this month's Shooting Illustrated. Goes into further detail on the rest of the bankruptcy.

Back
Top Bottom