• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington Files for Bankrupcy

Maybe they shouldn't have purchased all those other gun companies over the past few/several years.
Its a shame and now some of those entry level models are sure to vanish. Could have been freedom groups plan from the get go....run on high until the bubble burst. Meh only putting our mediocre shit anhways

Are they the ones who bought out NEF? I hope someone will come along and buy that company back again.

remington bought marlin? Crap, i did not know that.

feel sorry for people who sent back their rifles for recall work....will they ever get them back now?

What they need is a good, basic product. Pick a bolt rifle for starters. Simplify, look at your success there, and see what the competition is doing. Then beat them in quality and price. Not easy, but that's where it's at.

We Need More, Innovative, American Firearms Manufacturers.

This is sad. I own several Remingtons from before they went downhill. Always wanted a bdl in 7mm mag. I hope Marlin doesn't disappear now too.

You really didn't see that coming ???

And they were just about to perfect the R51, too.

Plutzing.gif

For a $200 gun, at least it looks slightly better than a Hi Point.

What will happen to the 870? Will Mossberg come to dominate the pump combat shotgun market?

There are copies of the 870 out there, for less money, that I'm sure will continue to sell in profitable quantities.

Stevens or someone will pick up the design like some Ithacas?

Good point, they hold the designs for the Ithaca Mag 10, which was slightly updated to become the Remington SP10. That thing is a beast of a goose gun, but they don't sell in huge numbers because not many people want a thousand dollar shotgun that weighs 11 pounds.

This is sad. I own several Remingtons from before they went downhill. I hope Marlin doesn't disappear now too.

I have a few old Remmys myself, a pair of 870's and a model 600 in .308, that's all I need from them, and I don't foresee ever buying another new Remington product again in my lifetime.

My couple of Remy long guns are of inferior quality. I think anyway.

You must have bought them new within the last 6 or 7 years, that's about when I noticed the quality going downhill. The 870's with the plastic triggerguard are junk. I looked at a new one last year to give as a high school graduation gift to a cousin (who lives 100 miles north of me) and decided he'd be better off with one of my rarely used (80's vintage) Mossberg 500's instead.

Article did not mention ammo, which must outsell their firearms.
It did, however mention a $950,000,000 dept pile...

They had 8yrs of windfall under O? What did they do with the money?
Another American company mismanaged into the ground?
I guess as others have said—
how many crap guns do you have to make before your out?

What they need is a good, basic product. Pick a bolt rifle for starters. Simplify, look at your success there, and see what the competition is doing. Then beat them in quality and price. Not easy, but that's where it's at.
It is called the 700.

They are just a horrible company. They destroyed Marlin when they bought them and shipped defective products.

Back
Top Bottom