• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington Arms=Traitors!

Damn them for not destroying the entire town they created. Heartless bastards, when will anyone think about us??

Im sure Remington was posturing about leaving New York. Im sure the govt was not happy about all the bad press it would create. So like everything else the govt just paid them off with our tax dollars to stay and slant the propaganda machine in a positive manner.

Typical extortion...nothing new. Smith and Wesson will do the same if MA passes their proposed laws and will miraculously get some tax relief package or some bullshit.

Remington guns are POS anyway lately their quality sucks. They've shit away any quality lever guns Marlin used to produce. Take a look at the wood to metal fit on a Remlin produced lever lately. Purchase a new 870 and watch it fail.

I hope people will remember these companies that extort money from the government and piss on them when they can. None of the big companies will have the balls to go against the grain. Im hoping this spurs smaller startups that will.

Remington is part of the Freedom Group, owned by Cerberus Capital. If you recall they are in the process of selling off that group because of the California pension that threatened to pull their money out of Cerberus, so why should it surprise anyone that they care about what laws infringing on the 2A are passed?

I like my Remington R1...

Guys/Gals, its going to be hard to boycott all things we disagree with. I tried it with Amazon when their CEO went retarded. Then I found a link thru Comm2A's website that gave them a donation when used to buy shit. You know what I did? I bought dehumidifier from the website I said I wouldn't.

I told another guy here on NES to eat some humble pie for shit he was saying. You know what - I just ate some.

Cuomo and the bulk of the NY legislature can all FOAD as far as I'm concerned. But what happens to all of Remington's employees if the company picks up and moves to Texas?

Best case scenario; Remington buys everyone's house/mortgage, pays moving expenses and helps with finding new homes. That my friends is what you call a pipe dream!

Ilion, New York very small town (village). The Ilionis supported by this factory. And perhaps exist because of this plant.Many Ilion residents work at that Remington plant. They hope for theyr job. As well as other familys somewhere else. Now, I wonder if those people really concern regarding all those banns or they concern about to keep they jobs?

F'you Remington. Boycott em.

I said this a long time ago and this is just another feather in their cap. I own One Remington and it's a shotgun I got in a package deal. I have less than $22 into it. *edit. I also have two 1903 Mark I's

$80 million over 10 years. So they sold out for $8 million a year and they are building a $20 million addition. Yeah that'll boost revenue.

Last edited:
Now I can no longer purchase anything from Freedom Arms I guess. I need to modify my no-purchase list to a purchase list. It will be shorter that way.
I think you mean Freedom Group

Freedom Arms makes the 454 Casull revolvers and other revolvers out West somewhere

I think you mean Freedom Group

Freedom Arms makes the 454 Casull revolvers and other revolvers out West somewhere

You are correct. The Freedom Group conglomerate is what I meant. By my count that includes Remington, DPMS, Marlin, H&R, Bushmaster, Advanced Armament, Para USA, Dakota Arms, Parker Gun, and Barnes. Thankfully, other than some DPMS AR parts, I have not purchased anything in the last 5 years from any of these companies.

Back
Top Bottom