• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 870 supermag

Ran into a Remington 870 supermag used at the shop Saturday and I know nothing about them. It was 175$ and seemed mechanically fine. Stock was obviously spray painted black and ugly as hell. Would be used as an all purpose shotgun, mostly hunting activities ranging from squirrel to black bear and sporting clays. What can you guys tell me about your experiences with them?

I have shot one my friend owns. If I did more bird hunting I might see the advantage. He prefers it over the 3" shells and he seems to bag quite a few ducks and geese each year, so it works for him.

Just shoot 2 3/4" shells and the recoil is actually below what a 2 3/4" chamber is. It's like enlarging the forcing one.

Probably. But at that point I just went back to my gun with 2 3/4s . Honestly it was not painful but it certainly pushed you a noticeable bit more. If I missed I was not getting back on target in time for a second shot, but it threw so much lead that once you knew how it patterned you really didn't need second shots.

For that price, throw it in your trunk with a couple of packs of flare ammo...

iu

Back
Top Bottom