• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 870 sling

Jason m

NES Member
Looking for a 870 sling, I'm not too keen on the uncle mikes one that drills into the stock. The ones I'm seeing that just attach to the butt stock, kind of like a 3 point connection do they hold up or do they loosen up after some time walking with it on your shoulder?

Any recommendations would be great, thanks.

Jason.

I just got one of those today I'll let you know after I carry it opening day. I thought the butt stock end looked kinda chinsy also. The other end replaces the mag tube cape.

Not to denigrate the 870, but it's just an 870. The "industry standard" is the one that screws into the buttstock.

Agreed, but I've had mine since I was 15 years old. My dad bought it for me back in 86, he always told me take care of it. It has a unique finish to the stock, a few dings and blems I'm good with but drilling, no. I maybe I should have stated that first.

Jason.

Last edited:
I have an SGA stock on my 870 and Magpul sells an adapter that connects between the stock and receiver. I have a Magpul single point sling (bungee type) connected to it.. Very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom