• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 870 Short Stock

After spending some time with a standard stock on my 870, I'd like to find something with a pistol grip and a shorter length of pull. I've seen quite a few collapsible stock sets, and the design of the Mesa Tactical Urbino seems very good. As a point of reference, I generally like to use an AR carbine with either an entry stock or a collapsible stock set one click out from fully collapsed.

Anyone have any suggestions for good stocks to look at? I'd buy a Mesa and test it out, but $160 is a bit steep to buy something blind.

Magpul makes a nice stock for the 870:

166_908_popup.jpg

Looks like it has changeable recoil pads to adjust the LOP. Only downfall is no pistol grip, but didn't know if that was absolutely a necessity for you.

I have a Mesa AR ninja kit for my 500 that I bought years ago. After shooting it a bunch I decided pistol grips on shotguns are not for me, I think they are lame. I went back to the wood stocks and I pretty much only use it when I am fudding it up on Sunday mornings.

I do want to get a 590A1 to ninja out, but I plan to use a traditional Houge "youth" size stock.

Magpul makes a nice stock for the 870

If I wanted a tactical 870, this is the way I would go.

I have the same one. I like it, but you have to be really careful to make sure you have your cheek weld in the right place. If you don't it will smack you but good. Ask atilla. He tried it out and bruised his face (might have been an improvement).

Guess you'd need to just duct tape a care bear to the cheek spot on the stock then.

I have a Mesa AR ninja kit for my 500 that I bought years ago. After shooting it a bunch I decided pistol grips on shotguns are not for me, I think they are lame.

What did you dislike about the pistol grip? I find the grip angle on a standard stock to be very uncomfortable when holding the shotgun straight forward.

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you didn't ask this guy. You'd be out like 3 grand.

american-guns-rich-wyatt-1.jpg

What did you dislike about the pistol grip? I find the grip angle on a standard stock to be very uncomfortable when holding the shotgun straight forward.

ehh, just not for me. I like to have my firing hand closer to the bore axis. It made the gun seen less stable to me, I didn't like the way it handled.

I still have the parts in the basement, one of these days I am going to post them up for a karma or something.

Back
Top Bottom