• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 870 safety broken

Good evening,
i was teaching an NRA class today and during the class my Rem 870s safety selector got stuck inbetween safe and fire when a student was firing. I pulled the mag extension tube, barrel and bolt. I looked for broken stuff with nothing obvious sighted.

The he shotgun had a side saddle on it and the police trigger group which is all metal. Any suggestions on what is wrong? I will pull the saddle off and trigger group out and see if there is anything tomorrow. Just looking for common errors thanks

Good evening,
i was teaching an NRA class today and during the class my Rem 870s safety selector got stuck inbetween safe and fire when a student was firing. I pulled the mag extension tube, barrel and bolt. I looked for broken stuff with nothing obvious sighted.

The he shotgun had a side saddle on it and the police trigger group which is all metal. Any suggestions on what is wrong? I will pull the saddle off and trigger group out and see if there is anything tomorrow. Just looking for common errors thanks
what a police version broke! impossible the fine ladies at Remington double super build those[wink] just a little dig at the police fan club! my guess is the detent has lodged in the safety grove or some how slipped past the groove? or something went bad on the trigger assembly keeping the trigger from moving?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom