Remington 870 history

At some point or another I should try to figure out when my 870 Magnum 18" was made... it may have even predated the existence of the 870 Police, it's actually a pretty gun and one of the few gun show scores of my life, $200... it was obviously made back when remington gave a shit. Nice wood, great bluing, etc... I'm, not even a shotgun guy by any stretch but they're probably going to have to bury me with that unless I will it away to one of you guys. [laugh]

@enbloc if we ever get to have NES shoots again someday or you can have me as a guest at your club, I can bring it down and you can shoot it to your hearts content. I have enough fodder to run it, too.

My only other 870 regret is I sold my 870 Marine Magnum to another guy on here.... had I kept that thing, it would be worth retarded change right now, that was literally my first
shotgun. It was nice, too, almost as nice as the 870 Magnum.

@enbloc if we ever get to have NES shoots again someday or you can have me as a guest at your club, I can bring it down and you can shoot it to your hearts content. I have enough fodder to run it, too.

My only other 870 regret is I sold my 870 Marine Magnum to another guy on here.... had I kept that thing, it would be worth retarded change right now, that was literally my first
shotgun. It was nice, too, almost as nice as the 870 Magnum.

That would work nicely! I have a Marine Magnum that I bought in 1999, it is still unfired.
I have so many shotguns, but I shoot only 8 or 10 of them. Another 10 or 12 sit in safes, unfired...

Your straight Magnum 18-incher sounds like a beauty...
~Matt

There's something about the way that electroless nickel plating feels in the hand... 😍

We have three 12 gauge 870s. One is a full synthetic stock Express model with both rifle-sighted 20" slug barrel and 26" vent rib barrel. It is used for hunting in MA. The other two are set up for combat. One is the full-stock tactical model with ghost-ring sights and full length 6 round magazine tube. The other is a top-folding stock with pistol grip and full length magazine tube. Same as the Secret Service folding-stock model but with a longer barrel and 6 shot tube. It, along with a Mini 14, are kept in a quick-access safe for home defense. Too much recoil for Jill, but I will never be without an 870. If Jill changes her mind, she has the option of the 20 gauge models. Still plenty of gun for hunting and home defense!

The 870 is a great gun. The only Remington product, besides a 700 action with a ton of work done to it, that I would still buy.

Back
Top Bottom