Remington 870 express ejector replacement

bdb

So, the ejrctor broke on my 30+ year old 870 express. I have seen the videos on replacing the ejector and/or the ejector spring. I know they are riveted directly into the receiver but was planning to do the work myself anyway. I can find the rivets and the tool set from Brownells for staking the new rivets and the rivet cutting tool.

The thing I cannot find (anywhere) is the actual ejector that rivets to the receiver. Been prowling the web for days. Checked all the usual places, Numrich, Brownells, MIdway, ebay and damn near every web hit I got searching for it. Every single site shows discontinued or out of stock. I contacted Remington. After 4 days they have not responded to my inquiry, I guess I'll call them as a next step vs the web form. Next thing I guess is contacting any (or probably all) gunsmiths within an hour of Woburn to see if they can do the repair.

This gun has been made for decades and is still in production (as far as I know), I have no idea why is't so hard to find a part that is so common and according to certain web blogs is prone to failure over time anyway.

Anyone have any words of wisdom? As I said, I was still planning on trying it myself if I can find the part. If I screw it up I won't sweat over damage to the work horse that I have used for 30+ years at this point. It still works but jams up on racking the slide to eject the spent shell since the broken ejector lets the barrel move (slight rotation) a little while seated in.

I went through an 870 refurbishment obsession a decade ago. I’m on the road to recovery and got rid of most of the stuff. I still have a bin full of small parts and tools.

I’m on a work trip, returning Friday. If you have not found what you need by then, send me a PM and I’ll dig thru my pile of leftovers and treasure.

If you can't get one from remington, I think have a dozen or so along with the rivets and tools, I bought out a retired smith's old inventory years ago, He did a lot of work for the trap shooters, and had a lot of parts inventory for shotguns

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I am still searching but definitely not finding it anywhere. If either of you have one I'd definitely buy it off you!! It's a right hand model 12ga that takes 2 3/4 and 3" shells.

Looks like this is the part best I can tell:

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I am still searching but definitely not finding it anywhere. If either of you have one I'd definitely buy it off you!! It's a right hand model 12ga that takes 2 3/4 and 3" shells.

Looks like this is the part best I can tell:

Looks like AMV MIGHT be your savior.
I have no idea why these appear to be non existent ‼️

The other unicorn I cannot find is a Star B extractor (and maybe the spring). Same deal, searched everywhere for it but no go as of yet. I'll continue to look. At least I have 2 of them so at least one of them shoots :)

what do you need?

Not sure.

It is a 1970 1100. It was my Dad's. I found it disassembled. I either found or got most all the parts to reassemble.

I think I'm missing the carrier latch spring and follower. I'll take a look to verify that. The other thing is the barrel. I have the barrel that came with it but it is in really bad shape. Pitted and rusted. Looking for an 18.5" barrel. The idea is to make this into a self defense gun.

For Parts Try Brownells , Midwest gun Works, Sarco , Gun parts Corp
There little reason why these parts are not available

Also there was Old Sarges Tactical , “was” the go to for 870

Shows in stock ?

Last edited:
The rivets and the staking tool set are not the issue. I can't find the actual ejector anywhere.
Looks like with the fall of remington the parts dried up also , looks the antique 870 is doomed to die for lack of parts.
I would just put out the “notify me” options at the parts places. Call midwest they might know a source. Cant be all that hard to make?

Well I finally found an ejector, bought the tools and started the job today. I got the old extractor and rivets out with only minor damage to the receiver. Got the new ejector staked and completed. Now I am waiting 3 more days (eBay) for the new ejector spring to arrive and then I can stake that as well. I little finish damage on the receiver and the rivets stand out more from a finish perspective than the original but overall it's fine. It's a 30+ year old Remington 870 that I have beaten the crap out of for 30 years so I am not too concerned about a few marks on the receiver. Relatively easy to do overall.

If you can't get one from remington, I think have a dozen or so along with the rivets and tools, I bought out a retired smith's old inventory years ago, He did a lot of work for the trap shooters, and had a lot of parts inventory for shotguns
Hi, saw this thread. I also have an 870 with broken extractor and spring. I am looking for the spring, extractor, and rivets. Do you still have any? Thank you!

Michael

Do you still have parts for the Remington 870? Trying to locate an extractor (RH) for 12gauge , 2 3/4 inch. ( was told the part number is #18871) thanks for any help you can offer. Randall in Butte, Montana

Back
Top Bottom