• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 141 Gamemaster 35 Rem

slugworth

NES Member
I’m looking to get some ammo for this rifle. I see that there is a 35 Rem express shell. Is this what I need? This was my dads rifle and now I have it and looking to get it back up and running.

Thanks for any help!

The express is just what Remington puts on their core lokt boxes they do same for 308 30-06 etc. So that would be fine. Target sports usually has different variety’s of 35 rem in stock

Remington makes two rounds for the .35 Rem., a 180 and a 200 grain Corelokt. Also, Hornady offers the new Leverevolution cartridge, which has a soft pointed tip. If you do some Google research, there are discussions on what works best in that fine old rifle. If you reload there are lots of options, including .357 pistol bullets for plinking.
I have a Marlin lever gun in that caliber and it's a favorite.

I should have explained that the Hornady Leverolution rounds have a soft rubber tip that won't set off a primer in a tubular magazine. They make them for .30-30 and other lever guns, too. https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/leverevolution#!/
Does the Remington 181 have a tubular magazine or a stack? My guess is that one of the Remington rounds will work best. Some semi-autos can be finicky about ammo.

The 141 is a pump action , the magazine tube is designed so the bullet tips cant line up with the primers. Neat old gun.
I might even have some 35 rem brass kicking around but I,might have given it away already?

Back
Top Bottom