• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 1100 barrel help

FLHTC

NES Member
I needed a rifled slug barrel for my old 1100 2-3/4". I bought one from someone here, unfortunately I didn’t notice it was for a 3" and not 2-3/4. Does anyone know if it can be altered?

I should have been clearer, sorry. The barrel is marked 3-inch will not fit on my shotgun chambered for 2-3/4". I was curious if anyone had tried to machine or alter the tang (for lack of a better word) to fit the 2-3/4"?

I think you maybe ought to sell your barrel and look for another, or I'm thinking that there might be what you're looking for lurking upstairs at Collectors in Stoneham. Call them, or other shops, Rileys comes to mind, if they have what you need they may work out a fair trade. Its free to call them.[wink]

3" will run fine in an 1100 on a diet of 2 3/4" shells. Just insure that if you ever sell it, you sell the barrel separately. The only hassle with 3" shells is that the fired ejections will hang in the receiver. The shells are too long to exit the shorter 2 3/4" receiver.

the barrel should fit? it may not cycle some 2.75" loads though. the forearm may not fit if your 1100 came with a light contour barrel. barrel channel is smaller on the wood.
there might be some production changes post 2006 ? 2006 is the last new 1100 I have handled.

No, it won't fit, you need to have the magnum receiver. This was don't to prevent using 3" shells in a firearm that will jam because it was designed for 2 3/4" shells. You can run a 2 3/4 barrel in a magnum receiver though without issues.

I have both 1100 models and just confirmed this.

Back
Top Bottom