• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington 11-87 or Berretta A300

I have narrowed it down to a 11-87 or a A300. Which one would you buy? I have one Mossberg 500 that I use for Trap but would like another shotgun for guests as well as expanding into Skeet or 5 Stand. Handled a lot of different brands but settled on these two because of price and how well they feel in my hands. What do you think?

Is this for shooting sports are you going to be hunting with it as well? If your going to be hunting, get an 11-87. If you just shooting clays, consider an 1100.

Find someone that has one that you can try, not just handle.

It's like buying a pair of boots without putting them on.

I've handled and shot enough shotties, that I've made a purchase or two without shooting an example of the gun, but I know what fits me, and they were not big-ticket guns. The last Parker I got was fired first. That one was not chump change, for me at least! [laugh]

The Feel of a shottie is vital.

I have narrowed it down to a 11-87 or a A300. Which one would you buy?

Benelli Montefeltro

I've had mine since November, 6-700 rounds fired so far. {edit: its got to be more like 1200-1500) I cleaned it once, even though it didn't need it! Recoil operated for the win.

I shoot at Hopkinton if you would like to try it

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that it will be used for shooting clays only. I am very new to the shot gunning side of things and I am sure as I gain experience I will start to form a better understanding of what I like in a shotgun. I have seen the more expensive guns and I refuse to handle them for fear of falling in love. Both of these guns fit my price ceiling of under $700. I know I could probably get a very nice used gun for that price but do not want to go down that road.

Of your on a budget check out the Stoeger M3000. I have been putting one they the paces for 3 gun competition and it's a helluva gun for under $500.

Here she is after 635 rounds of trash ammo this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom