• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reminder: Carry at home

Lol, funny stuff, I'll play along.

Just make sure you also have a safe space where you can shelter in place. I'd suggest a place that is not carpeted so when you pee yourself it's easier to clean up. I read on Huffpost that when criminals hear your warning that you have a phone and are calling 911, then you blow your whistle they will leave because they know the police will be there any second. Even if they do decide to stay longer and they find you sheltering in place drenched in your own urine they will not hurt you.

Or they will kill you violently, rape and kill your wife and dog, take all your shit and laugh at your bleeding corpse as they casually stroll out your door and drive away. The cops will be there in about 20 mins to take pictures and wait for your kids to come home to tell them what happened to mom and dad.

And the cops will find a deuce on the desk in the study and the keys on the roof and know the perp is an NESer.

What if you spend most of your time at home naked? I just don't have the elasticity to fit anything in there
The other day I saw a dude OC-ing with a belly band that he wore on top of his shorts/shirt. Point being, I'm sure you can figure out a way to carry if you really try.

I'm having a hard time picturing this - do you have a pic you could post? Thanks.

No, unfortunately I did this before there were good cell phone cams so I didn't photograph things like I should have back then, and it doesn't show externally. If you can visualize the jamb with the trim removed though, the plate is lagged solidly through the framework. It's sandwiched between the 3/4" doorframe, and the rough opening. I milled the opening for the deadbolt before installation. Note: this type of install has to be done during installation of a complete pre-hung door unit for it to be most effective and invisible.

Last edited:
Thought this thread was about this:

(it's from 2013 and the guy is now serving life in prison)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to tell us the story before this thread is buried in cat photos and "pre-ban AR15 question" threads?

I'll bump it when I can. I need to get the green light first, but just a basic good guy with a gun story in real life.

I hope that guy gets ass raped everyday and twice on Sunday. POS PUKE. Someone needs to end his days.

Black Lives Matter dude (more than white female ones).

I should probably take the video down, it's likely put me on an FBI watch list for anti-establishment tendencies.

There was a Facebook video made by some sherrif that showed moving from 1 inch screws (or whatever came in the door kit) to two inch screws really made a difference in securing the door better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This. Changing two screws from a three hinge door with stock crap to serious exterior 2-3" screws makes a huge difference.

The hinge side is always the weak side of there is any deadbolt at all.

Sent from my LG-K371

UPDATE:

I thought I would be able to update this thread with the situation, but I have been advised against it. Suffice it to say, I would just like to refer to my original post.

Carry at home, it can save your life, even in a sleepy little neighborhood, I know of a couple of cases where it actually happened. Home invasions happen in seconds, and properly prepared you can surprise the hell out of the home invader and they may even piss themselves.

Dude, we need details. I'd ask you to PM the story but I'm sure your lawyer wouldn't be happy about that. Whatever happened, glad you're still here to post.

FWIW, a 120 lb Shepherd can react faster than you can process what is going on, draw your gun, and fire accurately.

So you should probably do both... I do. My gun misses all the time, my GSD rarely misses... And if he does, it's only for a second.

Back
Top Bottom