• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remembering Carol DiMaiti & son Christopher, 25 years later

I remember that like yesterday. I was out of town for the weekend, and the cabbie back from the airport told me the story of the "attack"..
That was before he jumped. Holy crap 30 years. Wow.

I remember that like yesterday. I was out of town for the weekend, and the cabbie back from the airport told me the story of the "attack"..
That was before he jumped. Holy crap 30 years. Wow.

The video of him being fished out of the harbor was pretty graphic for the time but videos like that are commonplace now.
He was a cold blooded killer to execute his wife and child.

Hard wired "car phones" were pretty common. Remember the little attenas on the back window? My dad had one by the late 80s.
me too. your contract was pay by the minute on top of the monthly fee. call for a pizza while driving home...when the smoke cleared your $6 pizza was $25 back then.

on topic, i forget about this every year until the anniversary comes around. crazy crime then even for boston.

I remember at the time (just after the murder), a caller to Jerry Williams' radio show on WRKO suggested that instead of ripping Boston apart looking for a "black guy", the police should look into "the husband", who, in 90-plus percent (or something like that) of these cases, is the one who did it. Jerry Williams was furious, said "HOW DARE YOU", etc. or some such, and hung up on the guy after calling him stuff like (or "such as"): "delusional", "insensitive", "crazy", etc.

I don't remember it verbatim but Jerry Williams was PISSED at the guy.

Turns out the caller was right....

Chuckie did us all a big favor. Saved us the cost of a trial and incarceration for a few years at Walpole before some guy shivved him in the shower. Saved the Commonwealth a million or more.

My brother used to commute from Hanover on the south shore, to someplace like Manchester By The Sea for his job. He was driving over the Tobin Bridge and saw a man standing next to his car, that turned out to be this shitbag about to kill himself.

I remember the incident and arguing with my co workers on the poor black guy the cops arrested for the crime on the innocent till proven guilty part of the law. Sorry I don't remember the guy's name.
William Bennett. Been reading some stuff on it today. Vaguely remember it.
Boston Herald: Bennett kin seeks release from prison

We’re there any mobster looking guys next to him?
MFer said he din' want to live no more.

We’re there any mobster looking guys next to him?

Invisible mob guys. The same that made the Celtics lose the 85 (87?) Champeenship because they blew out the Lakers in Game 1 and then blew game 2, making said invisible mob lose tons of money.

Something happens in the US - must be the mob. Something happens elsewhere - must be the CIA. LOL

I remembered this after I looked it up...the pictures of her and her douchebag husband jogged my memory. Terrible way to go. It's really terrible that the person that offs you is the one you trusted the most. [angry]

Wannabe rich, out to impress? To keep up with the Joneses, maybe? (So, I guess "the Joneses" and those who tried to keep up with them, had them).

That said, phones back then sucked, and were as big as a VCR. Here was Danny Glover's cell phone in "Lethal Weapon", from that era:

View attachment 117539

- - - Updated - - -

That too. Forgot about that.

My parents had that phone. Cost something like $2 a minute to use it, maybe more. They used it for like a month, then put it down somewhere and left it.

Edit: Damn, I guess I need to look at start dates of threads more often....

Back
Top Bottom