• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading supplies?

Kinda surprised how fast I'm banging through the supplies that came with my Mec600jr.

Where do you like to get your reloading supplies?

Also interested in what y'all consider good prices for:
Red Dot: 4 / 8 lbs.
#9 shot: 25lbs
209 Primers: 1000

Thanks!
-A.

Red Dot is available in both 8lb and 4lb jugs at Hunters Trading Post in Weymouth, 30 seconds off of Rt3.
They are not known for their reloading supplies (and selection is limited) so inventory turnover tends to be slow. They had PLENTY of Red Dot the last time I was in there.
I BELIEVE I saw bagged shot, and I have no idea about primers. Call them.

Kinda surprised how fast I'm banging through the supplies that came with my Mec600jr.

Thanks!
-A.
Cabelas has a fairly good selection usually.

Thanks!
-A.

minuteman gun club has a reloading store on site geared to shotgun. Call ahead and see what they have and prices...Glenns Reloading is another opption out that way'ish
When i was shooting trap and going to trap shoots i found myself going to heritage gun and coin in RI.
i dont like to promote the big stores but bass pro often has all the common shotgun stuff.
Take a road trip north to Al's in derry NH was one of the places we went to often back then. he also has big trailer sales...
Also ask around your club some clubs to a few big orders a year when they stock up on clay targets. Adding other items boost the amount of the bill and reduces shipping.... at least it used to. been a while.
there was a place in ayer Ma to i believe.
lead shot is any where from 32-50$ for 25# Sometimes is just best to buy directly from a metal supply place... few years ago we bought a 30gallon drum filled with reclaimed shot and it came to about .78/lb shipped?

june 2016 odrer
shot 37.50
wads 14$/500
primers 30$/1000
they where bought in small quantities so no bulk discounts.

Also plan on going out to the MA STATE ATA CHAMPIONSHIP
always a few vendors there plus enter to shoot and have some fun.
good or bad play in one of the Lewis games and might win some coffee money!

Last edited:
A fair number of area clubs order from CAC Associates in PA.

You can check their website for pricing, its pretty hard to do much better than them if you've got a club to do the ordering.

http://www.cacassociatesinc.com

Short of club orders, I'd second Heritage Gun and Coin in R.I.

minuteman gun club has a reloading store on site geared to shotgun. Call ahead and see what they have and prices...Glenns Reloading is another opption out that way'ish
When i was shooting trap and going to trap shoots i found myself going to heritage gun and coin in RI.
i dont like to promote the big stores but bass pro often has all the common shotgun stuff.
Take a road trip north to Al's in derry NH was one of the places we went to often back then. he also has big trailer sales...
Also ask around your club some clubs to a few big orders a year when they stock up on clay targets. Adding other items boost the amount of the bill and reduces shipping.... at least it used to. been a while.
there was a place in ayer Ma to i believe.
lead shot is any where from 32-50$ for 25# Sometimes is just best to buy directly from a metal supply place... few years ago we bought a 30gallon drum filled with reclaimed shot and it came to about .78/lb shipped?

june 2016 odrer
shot 37.50
wads 14$/500
primers 30$/1000
they where bought in small quantities so no bulk discounts.

Also plan on going out to the MA STATE ATA CHAMPIONSHIP
always a few vendors there plus enter to shoot and have some fun.
good or bad play in one of the Lewis games and might win some coffee money!

Great info. Just missed out on the club order, but won't miss the next one. I had heard Heritage mentioned as a good option by a few members, but was curious about NH tax-free options for stocking up. So will check out Al's. And Heritage too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom