reloading recipe

vyel8ers

NES Member
hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet and apologize if it has but i desperately need help. I just started reloading/casting and need help with recipe as I cant find any info anywhere. I casted 175 gr LSWC's which come out to a shade under 180 after sizing/lubing. I will be shooting them out of my M&P Shield .40 S&W w/ a 3.1" bbl. Using mixed headstamps and Win small pistol primers w/ HS-6 powder. I am a noob and I need some expert help as to a safe recipe to start with and work up with from there. thank you in advance

Go to Hodgdon's web site for data. Bullets that come out heavier than the mold's designated weight are usually lacking in tin and antimony. This could make them prone to lead the barrel.

Good luck. I'm loading for my shield and need to to mess around to get it right.

My barrel slugs at about .402. Pretty damn big.

I lapped out my sizing die to .403 but now I need to make an over sized expander plug/powder funnel for the 550b so I can seat the bullets without swaging them down.

Did you slug your bore yet? I would love to see what it measures. Thanks

I will check my Lyman cast hand book later. So far my books don't show data for your powder choice and cast bullets.
As far as leading....I found leading to be less of a issue with proper sized bullet to your bore.

Back
Top Bottom