Reloading Press ??

hey hey hey don't take it out on me because i know tiktock [smile]

i think i'm going to hit the class it kittery and look at some machines face to face and see what i think. but i know its going to be a dillon. probably the 650

thanks again guys.

Me too. I use Dillon machines exclusively (except for the Rock Chucker to resize rifle brass) but prefer Redding seating dies and use the Lee FCD in .40 and .45 ACP.

really? i've always heard good things about them.
what were some of the problems? who do you suggest to buy from?

really? i've always heard good things about them.
what were some of the problems? who do you suggest to buy from?

I like Redding, Hornady, and RCBS. If you're going to get a Dillon press, think about using the Dillon seater dies. When loading lead bullets, the seater die gets gummed up with lube and needs an occasional cleaning. It's not a problem with my L-N-L because I can pop out the die, clean in, and pop it back in without having to readjust it.

With my Dillon 550, I had to remove the toolhead and die to clean it, the re-adjust afterward. It was a royal PITA. Scrivener told me about the Dillon seater dies that you can disassemble on the toolhead (without removing it). I got one and it made life easier.

I've had lots of problems with Lee dies (undersized, oversized, rough expander plugs, etc). Their customer service was always willing to replace the dies, but I got tired of having to call them.

another good thing to know. i guess i'm going to go with something else.....
cant wait for the class coming up at kittery.
spent the snowy day at the range yesterday. man i need to get out there and shoot more often

Back
Top Bottom