• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Makers' Space

One of the nicest things about reloading is being by myself working on a project at my own pace and not having to talk with anyone...
aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme.jpg

tl;dr (I don't want you crayon-eaters influencing my first-blush opinions.)

EC, I commend you, but that's a pile of liability that I'd never even consider to take on. Blowing up a tube of primers. Some idiot making bad ammo and then "blaming" you or the shop?? Moron loading ammo into his gun while in the shop. I can think of a half-dozen "yeah I don't want that" type of situations.

Sure, the % of window-lickers on NES is surprisingly low. (lol) But you're going to get window-lickers. So you'll need to be there - or someone will - to watch over at all times.

As my #2 daughter (who turned 20 yesterday) used to say when 3 yrs old, "NOFANX!"

Speaking for me personally it would be nice to have the ability to see one or more pieces of equipment and "try before I buy."

I'm in need of a powder dispenser (I weigh each charge by hand on a small scale) and it would be nice to be able to check out and try one or more to see which I like best.

I'd also like to get a progressive press to do 38spl, 9mm and maybe 223. Having someone able to help/show me how to setup one or more progressive presses would be nice.

These scenarios wouldn't like make me repeat customer in sense of coming every month, but there would still be value there for me.

I have no idea--but maybe there's some sort of affiliate or "dealer" program that could allow you to make a commission off selling presses and other equipment somehow; I think that would be fair for providing the space and guidance.

Maybe set something up rolling your own match grade,even then match grade is trial and error and most precision shooters already make their own...That was the very first thing i did at least.

Making your own range ammo IMO would be cheaper to buy at WalMart or online. The fees you would have to charge to help you break even on overhead would negate any savings the reloader would have at your place.

Only way this would work is if Jack doesnt charge you rent and you let people reload for 'free' if they buy the components from you at a competitive price,but then you run into liability issues.

One of the nicest things about reloading is being by myself working on a project at my own pace and not having to talk with anyone...
That's a good point. When I reload, I'm on my own and focused on what I'm doing. If the phone rings, I dont answer unless it is family, and even then, I wait until that one round I'm working on is finished or dump the powder and start again.

My face, eyes and hands are more important than answering the phone 15 seconds later.

I dont think I would be able to reload next to a bunch of people, and I already know what I am doing. If I was new, no way.

The one advantage is being able to ask questions a d share knowledge, that is huge.

Back
Top Bottom