• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Components Source? (E. Mass.)

EMTDAD

NES Member
There's a W Mass thread but no E. Mass. Say.. East of Worcester, and shops on the RI/MA and NH/MA lines.

So many LGS do not carry reloading stuff. I know Cabela's, Bass Pro, and Shooting Supply in Westport all do. What are some other stores carrying a good selection of supplies in normal times?

Normally I'd say Competition Shooting Supplies in Pawtucket but John's closed currently as far as I know. Could call him and ask if he's got anything he's willing to sell?

Glenns in North Reading. Not really in either area you mentioned other than being E of Worcester, but its on the way between N Attleboro and NH.

Normally I'd say Competition Shooting Supplies in Pawtucket but John's closed currently as far as I know. Could call him and ask if he's got anything he's willing to sell?

I don't recall him having that much reloading stuff in general. I'll have to go back when life gets back to normal? How's Bullseye in Woonsocket?

I don't recall him having that much reloading stuff in general. I'll have to go back when life gets back to normal? How's Bullseye in Woonsocket?

Moderate amount. Considering you're loading Garand-spec .30-06, not like .455 Webley or anything odd, Bullseye might have what you want.

The biggest and best store in RI for handloading supplies is Heritage in West Warwick.... who also just closed. Heritage is usually very well stocked on handloading supplies. You could try Big Bear in Harmony but I don't know what exactly he has because he keeps ammo and the like behind the counter; you'd want to call ahead. Route 6 Outpost, formerly known as Foster Bear Arms, has handloading classes and does have a small selection of common handloading materials, again, like Bullseye.

So, Heritage, Route 6, Bullseye, and Competition are the handloading stores in RI. I don't believe any of the stores in South or Newport counties have selections of handloading materials, but I could be wrong.

Moderate amount. Considering you're loading Garand-spec .30-06, not like .455 Webley or anything odd, Bullseye might have what you want.

The biggest and best store in RI for handloading supplies is Heritage in West Warwick.... who also just closed. Heritage is usually very well stocked on handloading supplies. You could try Big Bear in Harmony but I don't know what exactly he has because he keeps ammo and the like behind the counter; you'd want to call ahead. Route 6 Outpost, formerly known as Foster Bear Arms, has handloading classes and does have a small selection of common handloading materials, again, like Bullseye.

So, Heritage, Route 6, Bullseye, and Competition are the handloading stores in RI. I don't believe any of the stores in South or Newport counties have selections of handloading materials, but I could be wrong.
What about D&L?? They had TONS of primers and powder last time I was there ~5 years ago.

Patriot Arms in Ipswich carries reloading components. They’re closed at the moment.

Honestly your best bet is going to Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH or Al’s gun shop in Derry.

What about D&L?? They had TONS of primers and powder last time I was there ~5 years ago.

The last time I was there, I was handling three $1000-2000 scopes, so, I was a little preoccupied [laugh]

I've only been there three or four times ever so I can't really say. Heritage is regarded by many RI shooters as the best place for handloading components. D&L has lines out the door right now to complete gun and ammo purchases, so I don't think now's a good time to poke around. D&L's website doesn't advertise components. I haven't heard RI shooters mention great deals or availability of components at D&L.

The last time I was there, I was handling three $1000-2000 scopes, so, I was a little preoccupied [laugh]

I've only been there three or four times ever so I can't really say. Heritage is regarded by many RI shooters as the best place for handloading components. D&L has lines out the door right now to complete gun and ammo purchases, so I don't think now's a good time to poke around. D&L's website doesn't advertise reloading components. I haven't heard RI shooters mention great deals or availability of reloading components at D&L.
Interesting. Maybe they’ve changed since I was there. They literally had jugs of powder all over the floor and on shelves. Primers and bullets stacked deep. Prices weren’t bad either.

I will p.m. you where I get mine.

Edit to add-

Plimoth Bay Outfitters (the old M&M's in Plymouth) carried powder and primers at one point, just not a lot.

Shooting Supply in Westport?

Outback Arms in Plmypton?

Last edited:
If NE CT is within your area of operation, try Runnings on US 44 in Putnam. Components don't require a CT permit/certificate.
There is another shop (Brown's) on Rt 21 just a bit north of Runnings.
In Sterling, CT, nevermind...no reloading stuff there, IIRC.
Foster Bear Arms in Foster RI (US 6, just a few miles over the CT line).

If you prefer to go to a store, I second Glenn's. I buy in bulk and order on line.

sadly, i don't have the big chunks of disposable income to take advantage of the bulk online buying. Also, trying to avoid the shipping charges that go along with smallish online orders. Figured I'd check out some of the local stores that might be near me other than Bass Pro.

I've bought a case of primers from D&L maybe 2 years ago for a decent price. Judging by the amount of powder they had, I think they're very well stocked for a LGS as far as reloading components. I dont recall much in the way of equipment. Plenty of guns however.

Just looking at where Heritage is.. On Cowesset Ave. My wife lived on Faxon St, off Centerville for a while b4 we got married.. Not far from there. We used to get Chinese from Jackies Galaxie as well as have dinner at this other venue called Evelyns on occasion. I'll have to take a ride down there some Saturday.. gotta hit the Scout Shop on Bald Hill Rd anyway.

Glenn has all kinds of components, and he has both new and used stuff as well as surplus ammo and obscure calibers of ammo.

What supplies are you looking for? I'd be interested in splitting a bulk order for primers and powder.

I'll pile on the suggestion for Shooting Supply.

Bullseye in Woonsocket, had a bunch of stuff when i was there yesterday, Heritage Coin in Warwick is my usual go to, usually cheaper then D&L ( but i havent been to either in a year or so).

Back
Top Bottom