Reloading Component Availability Thead Sticky?

Patriot

NES Member
Just wondering if a thread like this similar to the Wamart thread in the ammo forum might be of some use?
I hunted hi and lo for some 5744 a couple of weeks ago and finally found it at State Line. What say you folks?

There is no panacea of components in New England. Most shops have a little of this , a little of that, or nothing at all. If the shop owner doesn't reload their selections are often random and overpriced. Best bet is to find a mail order place that'll ship or a local shop that will pick up what you want by special order.

There is no panacea of components in New England. Most shops have a little of this , a little of that, or nothing at all. If the shop owner doesn't reload their selections are often random and overpriced. Best bet is to find a mail order place that'll ship or a local shop that will pick up what you want by special order.

Exactly the reason for a thread of this type. If someone is out and about, posting shop availability would/might be of great interest to some readers.
I live in Massachusetts unfortunately. I cast my own but primer and powder availability is at the whim of the local shops unless I find a poster
doing a mail order group buy from a free state.

Last edited:
I will 2nd that a sticky probably wont help you or anyone much. Two things will come of it. either there will be disappointing minimal postings with nothing you are looking for or a over whelming number of post with nothing you are looking for.
If you look at my threads and post you will find I am also not to happy with the lack of supply in the local area. Which has forced me to spend my money elsewhere and do group buys..

Instead you maybe better down loading all the gun shops in mass or NH or CT or RI whatever to your GPS. With the help of NES member weedwacker I was able to down load mass shops. When ever I am out of my normal driving area I turn on the GPS and select the gun shops. I will either call or stop by with the list of things I keep handy that I am looking for. Reloading supplies, pretty much given up on those in mass.
If I am anywhere near warwick RI I will shoot over or call Heritage gun and coin. They have a decent supply and better prices than mass. If I go north its Al's gun shop in Derry NH, have not been there in a long time so not sure how his reloading stock is as of late.

I have done 3 group buys via my free state friend each order has been no less than 1500.00 the last order I did I was 1/2 of the order and still saved about 500.00 over mass prices ?

There's a order going in at my club in the next week or so, I cant say for sure when it will come in or if the supplier will have what your looking for. I will help you out Patriot if I can....

As for a future group buy our current problem is the vendors we have been using do not have all the items we want in stock @ the same time. Unless you do the max order for the hazmat the hazmat and price on shipping can really offset any price diff. On the other hand to pay a little more just to get the stuff you need beats the drive around looking....
Patriot what town are you in.

Exactly the reason for a thread of this type. If someone is out and about, posting shop availability would/might be of great interest to some readers.

Problem is if I go to a shop like Riley's it'd take me a half an hour to write down what they have on the shelf. Too much variation and stock moves too fast.

Relying on old intel is dangerous, too. For example someone could post "oh they still had 3 jugs of unique there" and I go 3 days later and they're gone. So if I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time I still have to call anyways and have someone set something aside if they don't have a lot of it. Better idea for a thread is a list of NE shops (and their phone numbers) that sell reloading components and the relative amounts of those things they have overall.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom