Reloading Bench Plans ?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Hi Guys

I know we have a reloading bench photo thread and I'm sure I could search around and find some pics online but I figured another thread to liven up the reloading subform would be nice.
My brother has been making some nice work benches using a keg pocket screw jig which got me to thinking I should up my game (bench) in the new reloading room.
I recently bought a house and i'm going to set up a 11.5'X16' room just for reloading.
I'm looking for an suggestions or plans you guys might have.
I was thinking if setting up a bench along one wall thats about 12' long Making it a good working height and maybe 18" deep. 24" deep if I plan to make some shelves on the back.
Then I thought I might have enough room to set up the same 12' long bench as an island in the middle of the room to give more spacing for presses and powder measures making use of access from both sides of the bench. Any thoughts on this?

I currently have 3 single stages, one powder measure, a Dillon 550, a lathe style trimmer and a star lube sizer that all need to be fit on the bench.

Thanks guys!

I recently bought a house and i'm going to set up a 11.5'X16' room just for reloading.

That's a good size. I'm planning a room in my barn that's probably going to be ~6' x 12' but I may make it a little bigger.

Guess I'm small potato's...my reloading/safe room is 5x10. It suits me, but the ceiling isn't even high enough to stand up straight (used to be a root cellar) so I reload in one of those ergonomic chairs.

Yeah I'm spoiled I know.
It was an extra bedroom in the house and we don't have much use for it. The wife told me to take it over and do something with it. I'm not going to give her enough time to change her mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine against the wall. While sitting I can reach the pegboard for any tools I need and I have shelves on both sides to hold manuals etc.
It is secure so there is no movement or twisting when I pull the arm.
I wish I had left more room under the bottom shelf. Dropped primers automatically roll under the bench.
My bench is 30" deep. Plenty of room for everything I am working on at the time.
The bench has drilled mounting holes and all presses are on plywood mounting plates so I can drop a press or a deprimer in and bolt it down. Or remove everything if I need the full bench.

(But I don't have 12' to work with...)

There are many ways to build it, from furniture grade to a few 2x8's stuck together. My advice, make it larger than you think you will ever need if you have the room which it seems like you have. I made mine 36" wide and after putting a few machinist style tool boxes and other assorted crap on it, am very happy I did. Wider might be a pain to reach but 36' is just right.

I built a workbench using these brackets from Eastwood:

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-sh...e=&network=g&gclid=CK7n5KTLjMsCFYdehgod2dgFQQ

The brackets are incredible - they look to be 7 gauge (3/16" thick) steel. I used 4x4's and 15/32" plywood, carriage bolts and nuts from Lowes, and used the triple thick uerthane to finish the plywood. The bench was built as a general purpose workbench. I was so impressed with the solid nature of the final product that I plan on building another one as a reloading bench and giving away the Sears workbench I am now using for reloading in a karma.

I built a workbench using these brackets from Eastwood:

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-sh...e=&network=g&gclid=CK7n5KTLjMsCFYdehgod2dgFQQ

The brackets are incredible - they look to be 7 gauge (3/16" thick) steel. I used 4x4's and 15/32" plywood, carriage bolts and nuts from Lowes, and used the triple thick uerthane to finish the plywood. The bench was built as a general purpose workbench. I was so impressed with the solid nature of the final product that I plan on building another one as a reloading bench and giving away the Sears workbench I am now using for reloading in a karma.

That's some serious hardware. Thanks man

I just checked out post #147. That's a serious room. I love the wrap around but I have a small closet on one corner that I would have to jump around to make that work.
Great set up.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1850225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom