Reloading Bench Photos

I reload in my furnace room, oil fired furnace

DSC00997_zpsix676cja.jpg

DSC00999_zpsjhz7dyq0.jpg

DSC01002_zpsmujxqzw2.jpg

I added a MEC 600JR and a Dillon 550 B to my desk. Coming along well. Next on my list is at least one more powder measure for the Dillon.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160829_103759.jpg
    20160829_103759.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 786
  • 20160829_103825.jpg
    20160829_103825.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 778
Spotted on facebook, not reloading related but cool nonetheless.

Most comfortable reloading bench ever?

attachment.php

Attachments

• ultimatereloadingbench.jpeg
    ultimatereloadingbench.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 691
1224b72ef4e03b5ba8ec0d0650ea3301.jpg

I repurposed an old office chair and a take-off seat, and did something similar, but on wheels!
Note: Don't let anyone sit on the back without someone sitting on the front!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added a MEC 600JR and a Dillon 550 B to my desk. Coming along well. Next on my list is at least one more powder measure for the Dillon.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I hate you guys! I can't even stand far enough away from my bench to get all 33" of it in the cameras view.....
You clean and orderly guys have issues[smile]
Nice set up...

I hate you guys! I can't even stand far enough away from my bench to get all 33" of it in the cameras view.....
You clean and orderly guys have issues[smile]
Nice set up...

Reloading is an OCD dream: 10 rounds per row, 10 rows per box, 10 boxes per 1,000... each in their little place. Deep breathe. lol

Reloading is an OCD dream: 10 rounds per row, 10 rows per box, 10 boxes per 1,000... each in their little place. Deep breathe. lol

ugghh I would knock the trays over on you![smile] I would sneak into your reloading room and take one primer from each 100 just to watch you twitch....little trail of powder leading no where!
I think any OCD person would go Catatonic stepping into my little pit.

ugghh I would knock the trays over on you![smile] I would sneak into your reloading room and take one primer from each 100 just to watch you twitch....little trail of powder leading no where!
I think any OCD person would go Catatonic stepping into my little pit.

If you knocked over my trays I'd probably not notice since I'm pretty disorganized. I have room and two benches, but I just make piles of things in no particular order.
Every once in a while I say I'm going to organize things, but when I look at it I immediately give up.

If you knocked over my trays I'd probably not notice since I'm pretty disorganized. I have room and two benches, but I just make piles of things in no particular order.
Every once in a while I say I'm going to organize things, but when I look at it I immediately give up.

Right your normal and not insane[smile]
I have been trying to organize also....I did final install a new shop light.....only showed I was more I need of space and a good clean out.

Moved from the "What did you do in the reloading room recently", thank you Andrew120 for the link

I recently wanted to get into hand loading for a rifle I picked up, I had been loading on a Dillion 650 but wanted to try my hand at (precision [thinking]) hand loading.

So I tore my set up down and started again, still work in progress but getting there, I wanted a case preo area, a loading area and maintenance cleaning area.

The loading bench is a Windsor 60in 4 drawer workbench from Harbor Freight, not a big fan of harbor Freight but this is a rock solid, top notch bench.

The case prep is hand built because I needed it to fit in a specific location, store purchased bench was either to short or to long.

The maintenance cleaning area is a Husky 60in 10 Drawer tool bench, my family just purchase for a birthday, this thing is rock solid 450lb, it was a pain in the rear to unload from the truck.

Relaoding.jpg

CasePrep.jpg

RPR_View1.jpg

Harry

Harbor freight bench made from "genuine Chinese oak". Plugged the holes in the top, reinforced the back with MDF, tossed the useless lower shelf and replaced with 2x6's. Just added the cinder block shelves after seeing it on another post.

I've gotten many ideas from browsing this thread...thanks.

20170816_055523.jpg
20170816_055549.jpg

Harbor freight bench made from "genuine Chinese oak". Plugged the holes in the top, reinforced the back with MDF, tossed the useless lower shelf and replaced with 2x6's. Just added the cinder block shelves after seeing it on another post.

I've gotten many ideas from browsing this thread...thanks.

View attachment 205124
View attachment 205125

Looks great!

I don't have a good space to do my work but I make do with what I have, its not fun but its what I have. A redesign is in the works once the new oil tank goes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a good space to do my work but I make do with what I have, its not fun but its what I have. A redesign is in the works once the new oil tank goes in.

Not jealous.

I swapped out my wooden door for a steel door & frame. Spent today shimming and adjusting the steel frame until it was perfect. Door is mounted & mostly painted. Tomorrow I fill it with concrete and remount it. [emoji48]

Mac, after viewing that I suddenly feel much better about my Harbor Freight bench ;-)

Seriously though, that fold down "ironing board" setup is pretty ingenious given what you have to work with.

Mac, after viewing that I suddenly feel much better about my Harbor Freight bench ;-)

Seriously though, that fold down "ironing board" setup is pretty ingenious given what you have to work with.

Once the new oil tank goes in I'm building a small bench along the front of it and I'm finally done with needing the table saw so that will be disassembled and stuck in the space behind the heater.
I never got the chance to build a garage. Had twins making the head count 3 and wife cut back on hours.

Now as far as those harbor freight work benches.
They are half decent for the price. Although scrounge a solid wood door and some 4x4 or 6x6 make a good bench.

Im running out of room what I hope to do is once the new tank goes in to make a shelf area in front of the oil tank that I can store all the stuff on when not in use.
ylnAhFk.jpg

Lol there's " safe places" and there's Mac's space. [rofl]

Was able to get rid of some stuff in the shed to make room for table saw and bench belt sander.
I still have a bunch of stuff to re move. Mostly tools I just don't use anymore and some random bins of stuff... getting better.
Now to plan the bench

An incarnation of the National Reloading Manufactures Association plans.View attachment 206836

this is a nice set up... i built a half length version thats at my moms house now for lack of space at my home.
Once i get clear out and re organized I will most likely build one around 2/3s length 1/2 the depth to fit my space. I will lag it to the floor as it will be in front of the oil tank... it will be about 18" deep at most.
I am also considering a track system for ease of switching out presses, powder dispensors, trimmers and such

im just not sure if its going to hold up to press use?

Back
Top Bottom