Reloading Bench Accessory

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Judging by the number of threads on the subject, a lot of you are building reloading benches.

I thought I'd share an idea for a bench accessory that I've been using for a while:

bins.jpg

I mount a length of plastic track on three sides of my island benches (the 4th side is drawers). I get the plastic track at Sears, and they have a bunch of items that can be mounted in the track including bins (shown) and shelves.

You would not believe how handy this is.

Never thought of this, use the bins all the time but properly install them....nah. Going to try this, thanks.

you mean my pocket on my apron is no longer good.....I been meaning to that. thanks for the reminder

I did something similiar with my bench, then kept knocking the bins onto the floor every time I went to get up. now they're on the top of my bench, in the back (i built mine 30" deep).

for reference. whats sad is i'd spent ~ 2 hours cleaning my bench prior to taking this picture, so i had proof that the top of the bench was indeed still there.

Photoon2-16-13at502PM_zps738b5af2.jpg

I did something similiar with my bench, then kept knocking the bins onto the floor every time I went to get up. now they're on the top of my bench, in the back (i built mine 30" deep).

for reference. whats sad is i'd spent ~ 2 hours cleaning my bench prior to taking this picture, so i had proof that the top of the bench was indeed still there.

Photoon2-16-13at502PM_zps738b5af2.jpg

Jasper,
Are both of your Dillons mounted backwards, or is it just the photo inverted?

Looking at the safe, I'd say the photo is inverted.

I need to take a class so I can start reloading! Jealous of the set-ups!

Jasper,
Are both of your Dillons mounted backwards, or is it just the photo inverted?

yea, happened to snap the picture with my laptop (photobooth), and didnt notice it was inverted until after i'd posted it.

took me a minute looking at it...like "something is wrong here".

I've been using this setup for several years. They can also be used in other areas to good advantage. Looks like I have a little houskeeping to do !! [grin]

DSC_4162.jpgDSC_4161.jpg I've been using this setup for some time. They can also be used in other areas.

Judging by the number of threads on the subject, a lot of you are building reloading benches.

I thought I'd share an idea for a bench accessory that I've been using for a while:

bins.jpg

I mount a length of plastic track on three sides of my island benches (the 4th side is drawers). I get the plastic track at Sears, and they have a bunch of items that can be mounted in the track including bins (shown) and shelves.

You would not believe how handy this is.

One thing I've wanted to do is build sunken drawers into my bench, i.e. lid is sunk into the table and if you pull it up, reveals storage inside the table. Need something fancier than MDF as my top though.

Back
Top Bottom