• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

reloading 300 BLk

Looks like I'm going to have to hold off on the 300blk. Setting up my toolhead and noticed the powder funnel is a N Should be an AK.
Dies came with the machine used. Oh well, I have a couple more to set up in 223 and 44. Loaded 300, 50AE the other day.

Last edited:
I want to try some CFE BLK.
I noticed my buddy used CFE pistol and it seems to be very smoky in his 9mm reloads.
My first 300 BLK reloads with 4198 and a 11.5" barrel did not produce any.
Haven't tried CFE BLK but like CFE pistol.
Smokey 9mm is usually low pressure assuming he isn't using wax lubed cast bullets.

He's using coated 9mm but I don't know what coating it is.
I'm using HS6 in my 9mm and haven't noticed it being smoky but has a reputation for being a bit dirty.
I powder coated some 180 grn a couple of weeks ago. I think they were supposed to be like a safety pink, but ended up being like salmon pink. Hideous.
I'll load those up and dispose of them ASAP.
Dropped some more 180 grn and I have 3 different Eastwood powders to choose.
Fire engine red
Ford Dearborn blue
Stop Sign yellow
What say you on the next batch?

He's using coated 9mm but I don't know what coating it is.
I'm using HS6 in my 9mm and haven't noticed it being smoky but has a reputation for being a bit dirty.
I powder coated some 180 grn a couple of weeks ago. I think they were supposed to be like a safety pink, but ended up being like salmon pink. Hideous.
I'll load those up and dispose of them ASAP.
Dropped some more 180 grn and I have 3 different Eastwood powders to choose.
Fire engine red
Ford Dearborn blue
Stop Sign yellow
What say you on the next batch?
I grabbed some blue to try out - nice color.
Powder coating is fast if you just shake them into the pan and bake but it left small divots in the coating for me.

Back
Top Bottom