• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reload range report

I took my first batch of reloads from my progressive to the range today. Good stuff! These were mixed .357 brass, 158gr lead RNFPs over 2.9gr of Bullseye.

Shot from a 4" .357 in single action at a distance of about 10 yards (except for the pins) in isosceles stance - no bench.

• No squibs or KA-BOOMs. I was very happy about that. No misfires at all.
  • Improved (perceived) accuracy. One group of 6 could be covered by my thumb, except for a single flyer that spread the group to 2".
  • Dead hold for 70 yards. Rounds held dead on for minute of bowling pin at that distance.

No chrono data, but I figure they're likely in the 800-850 fps range.

I'll likely load up a bunch more before finding a jacketed load for full magnums.

Reloading is cool! [smile][smile][smile]

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!!!! The first time shooting your own reloads is some scary crap!!! I remember the first time pulling the trigger wondering what the hell was going to happen. Everything went bang and nothing went pop so that's always a plus. Def. get them under a chrono to see where they're at. Highly unlikely they are too hot with that recipe but it's always good to know for sure.

Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom