• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REI Stops Selling 50 NRA-Linked Brands

REI was responding to gun prohibitionist pressure groups. They don't want crying teens disparaging them on social media or marching in front of their stores, which would impact their bottom line. If the civilian disarmament lobby is willing to go after Bell (helmets) over its parent company not issuing a statement in support of "common sense solutions" (gun prohibition), it should be clear corporations may well be beginning to abandon all vestiges of gun ownership like rats from a sinking ship.
It's gonna be funny when that 'sinking ship' turns out to be a submarine and the libtards were just standing on the hull. [rofl2]

REI was responding to gun prohibitionist pressure groups. They don't want crying teens disparaging them on social media or marching in front of their stores, which would impact their bottom line. If the civilian disarmament lobby is willing to go after Bell (helmets) over its parent company not issuing a statement in support of "common sense solutions" (gun prohibition), it should be clear corporations may well be beginning to abandon all vestiges of gun ownership like rats from a sinking ship.

Not a lot of traffic at said stores. I'm guessing like most, they're surviving on online sales.

What are all of these NRA discounts? When I go to their site I can't even figure out who/what/where offers a discount.

I just had a chat session with a mindless customer service rep (what did I expect). I asked what thinks REI wants done with "modern sporting rifles". She said the CEO of REI wants sales stopped. I asked her to pass along that REI should clarify publicly so more people can cancel their memberships.

I'm part of an outdoors group thats sponsored by REI and good-lord they are full blown communists. They repeat the Bernie Sanders talking points word for word. Btw, I CC when I hike with them (some of them know) and protect their ass anyways.

Editor’s note: This story has been corrected to reflect the accurate number of brands affected. The company is dropping five brands, not 50.

Lol idiots over there writing stories.

Editor’s note: This story has been corrected to reflect the accurate number of brands affected. The company is dropping five brands, not 50.

Lol idiots over there writing stories.

No matter: if they're dropping brands like CamelBak and Giro, they're DONE.

I've been a loyal REI member but their prices just haven't been competitive and since changing their warranty, I haven't been back.

I realized I am a member. I don't see any way to cancel or deactivate it. I did manage to look up my member number. Does anyone have a link to the cancelation page?

They're on my shit list since the cashier was so abrasive that I had to ask the cashier if he was serious because he's being so rude. Contacted their customer service and got a canned response for a "bad experience." I'll stick with other companies that either support 2A or know enough to keep their mouths shut.

The idiot board members at REI seem to forget that they serve the membership of the cooperative and not their cocktail party a**h*** peers. Do these arrogant dolts realize that their members and customers WANT TO BUY THOSE BRANDS and that by not carrying those brands not only are they turning away PROFITS but pissing off and inconveniencing their members and customers?

Their bottom line is going to take a hit from a decline in sales and I really hope these clowns all too comfortable in their positions get voted out for board members whom understand that their job is to keep the company selling the products their members and customers want to buy.

Apologies for being lazy, but what is best way to deactivate and ensuring that REI knows why - I assume online and you can leave a reason?

Come on now Rei is a store for snowflake camping gear and sneakers and biking shorts for men who should never be wearing them ever.

Oh come on now... but I look so hawt wearing them! Where am I going to get the biking shorts now?

(just kidding... everything I wear is baggy...)

Apologies for being lazy, but what is best way to deactivate and ensuring that REI knows why - I assume online and you can leave a reason?

I looked all over their site and couldn't find any place. There was a page to look up your member number, which I did. I did discover I have a $23 gift card that I didn't use, and their web site wouldn't let me use the card even though it had a balance. Hate these guys.

I sent an email from their CS page requesting that they shut it down and sharing my thoughts. We’ll see how they respond.

I looked all over their site and couldn't find any place. There was a page to look up your member number, which I did. I did discover I have a $23 gift card that I didn't use, and their web site wouldn't let me use the card even though it had a balance. Hate these guys.

Thx. So sounds like you have to call them and do it over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom