• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rehoboth Standoff, SWAT Called

Ruh roh! Hope all ends well.

EDIT

Based on the news/twitter, he has no hostages and had a gun. Hard to blow up a Cumbies with a gun. Tear gas and such seems like a good strategy at this point. Daughter's friend works at the Dunks across the street. EEK!

Last edited:
According to Twitter and the Rehobo police dept's twitfeed, it's still ongoing.

He's in his car.

The place is evacuated.

The pumps are off.

WTF?!?!?!?! Maybe they could let him leave and have a 90-mile, 3-state slow-speed chase.

Report is that suspect was taken away in an ambulance. It must have been a take down rather than peacefully surrendering

I laugh when i see cops on tv wearing Multicam. They're not getting deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq. What happend to the traditional dark blue or black swat uniforms? Not high speed low drag enough?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Report is that suspect was taken away in an ambulance. It must have been a take down rather than peacefully surrendering

So, its not possible the ambulance ride was due to him being sectioned? It just has to be a take down as opposed to a mental health issue lol.

Don't know, this is my 1st standoff. Don't even know what "sectioned" means.

HA!!!!
It does appear you are correct tho, Zappa saying a bean bag round was deployed would certainly require a ride in an ambulance. Bean bag rounds are very hurty.

Sectioned means that you are going to get a mental health evaluation one way or the other (voluntary, or involuntary). Sometimes called a pink slip as well. Its a system that looks great on paper, but in reality gets abused beyond belief by police, doctors, and family members.

I laugh when i see cops on tv wearing Multicam. They're not getting deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq. What happend to the traditional dark blue or black swat uniforms? Not high speed low drag enough?

Ever been to Rehobo. Short of Rt 44, you could disappear with Multicam about everywhere in that town. LOL

The TV news report said they shot him with a bean bag gun.

And then clocked him in the noggin with the buttstock of said beanbag shotgun.

That's stolen valor!!!! :p

Just as hilarious as when METROLEC wore ACUs into the high school active shooter drill in my town. ACUs certainly don't blend in with wall lockers! They had more kit than the guys in OIF/OEF. They mirror whatever the real Tier-1 guys wear. At least MSP STOP team wears solid green. Agreed... SOLID blue/black/green for civilian teams.

-JR

News reports on this are all over the place, many blatantly wrong. Likely the result of the stations needing to drum up viewers/listeners. The idiot did NOT barricade himself in the cumbys, he was in and around his car in between the pump islands. Good opportunity for the locals to trot out all of their army surplus vehicles and gear though!

Back
Top Bottom